Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goofyernmost

Although the theater is in Dinoland, I've never really thought of it as part of the area. It's off on the side and "in the wild" so it does it's own thing but I agree that it's out of place because it's listed in Dinoland and features Nemo.
Yea, I guess they should partition it and make it into a "Tiny Little Colorful Fishyland!

Pete C

I think HP is fine with Hogsmeade and Diagon. One is the central location of the series and the other is where we as an audience, whether it was through the books or films, first saw the Wizarding World. LOTR seems a lot harder to pick locations since there are so many distinct ones. It can honestly fill a whole park.

Screamscape rumor here, so take it with a grain of salt, but Dragon Challenge is due for major refurbishment...as in track replacement like Hulk had, and Uni doesn't want to spend the money on replacing this coaster. Ridership is down, it doesn't truly fit the HP theme as it was retrofitted (downgraded drastically from the original theming at that), and it doesn't duel anymore...the primary feature of the coaster. The rumor is that Uni plans to remove the once dueling coasters entirely and expand Potter again.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Screamscape rumor here, so take it with a grain of salt, but Dragon Challenge is due for major refurbishment...as in track replacement like Hulk had, and Uni doesn't want to spend the money on replacing this coaster. Ridership is down, it doesn't truly fit the HP theme as it was retrofitted (downgraded drastically from the original theming at that), and it doesn't duel anymore...the primary feature of the coaster. The rumor is that Uni plans to remove the once dueling coasters entirely and expand Potter again.
The area of the coaster is indeed being considered for something else.

Tavernacle12

Innoventions wouldn't be complete before Energy starts. There would be a lot of overlap. And both would potentially complete around the same time. IMO.

Does that mean there's more intense work being done at Innoventions than we'd assume or less work at Guardians?

JustInTime

Please be the Forbidden Forest, please be the Forbidden Forest, please be the Forbidden Forest (I know you probably can't go into detail on this one, I just really want to see more of the Potter-verse expanded upon).

Why would the Forrest be right in the middle of Hogemede? Unless they close it off and have the entrance to the Forrest near the castle, it wouldn't make sense.

jt04

Why would the Forrest be right in the middle of Hogemede? Unless they close it off and have the entrance to the Forrest near the castle, it wouldn't make sense.

Magicfeather explained in another thread that Uni is not concerned about replicating Disney style immersion. Rather their "worlds" represent a specific moment in time. A very different design philosophy.

JustInTime

Magicfeather explained in another thread that Uni is not concerned about replicating Disney style immersion. Rather their "worlds" represent a specific moment in time. A very different design philosophy.
Well, that's fine. But there is no moment in the series that puts the forbidden Forrest in hogsmede. They would hopefully change the entrance location.

Mike S

Well, that's fine. But there is no moment in the series that puts the forbidden Forrest in hogsmede. They would hopefully change the entrance location.
Technically they already messed it up by putting Dragon Challenge in Hogsmeade and having it so close to Hogwarts in the first place.
hogwarts-map-cm.jpg

Even with all that it still somehow works very well the way they did it. I don't think people would make a big deal about replacing DC with the Forest because of the location in the actual universe.

S 2

Right so about EPCOT.. When I hear they are going to 'revamp' EPCOT, and then I read:

• Energy is getting a GotG overhaul, green lit.
  • Wonders might get a GotG phase 2, not yet green lit..
  • Communicore (outside of mouse gear and starbucks, possibly club cool) will be updated/overhauled, green lit.
  • Mission Space will get a refurb/update, green lit.
  • There are plans for Imagination, but not green lit.
  • Land will remain as is
  • Seas will remain as is
  • Test Track will remain as is
  • Space Ship Earth will remain as is
I gotta say I'm underwhelmed...

I'm trying to be optimistic about GOTG and I agree that Land and Spaceship Earth should not be touched but I think it could be cool to add something to the seas, even a part inside part outside area that actually gets guests wet (or soaked). build the path inwards a little more where you have the choice to go into Alpha Base (or whatever its called now) and another 'wet' area of some kind. Like Undah Dah Sea and Ovah Dah Sea. I crack myself up.

I REALLY hope they can stay true to its original vision and continue to amaze guests while also secretly teaching them a few things. This country needs it now more than ever. I saw a lot of IP's suggested and yes Tron would fit, but I they can't put it just anywhere, especially not smack in the middle without messing up EPCOTs aesthetic, and its just too easy to build a coaster. Walt didn't like coasters and its a fine line, EPCOT deserves better...

But! in my opinion, and the end of my rant: the one IP suggestion that I like and feel could do this more than any is WALL-E. The message of the movie as well as the beautiful space scenes would be so cool. The imagineers could do so much with this in EPCOT if they put their brilliant minds together.

PS- I personally wouldn't mind if the bulldozed the whole East side including Test Track AND Mission Space. Give me back my Horizons, just updated. Please, and Thank You.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Right so about EPCOT.. When I hear they are going to 'revamp' EPCOT, and then I read:

• Energy is getting a GotG overhaul, green lit.
  • Wonders might get a GotG phase 2, not yet green lit..
  • Communicore (outside of mouse gear and starbucks, possibly club cool) will be updated/overhauled, green lit.
  • Mission Space will get a refurb/update, green lit.
  • There are plans for Imagination, but not green lit.
  • Land will remain as is
  • Seas will remain as is
  • Test Track will remain as is
  • Space Ship Earth will remain as is
I gotta say I'm underwhelmed...

I'm trying to be optimistic about GOTG and I agree that Land and Spaceship Earth should not be touched but I think it could be cool to add something to the seas, even a part inside part outside area that actually gets guests wet (or soaked). build the path inwards a little more where you have the choice to go into Alpha Base (or whatever its called now) and another 'wet' area of some kind. Like Undah Dah Sea and Ovah Dah Sea. I crack myself up.

I REALLY hope they can stay true to its original vision and continue to amaze guests while also secretly teaching them a few things. This country needs it now more than ever. I saw a lot of IP's suggested and yes Tron would fit, but I they can't put it just anywhere, especially not smack in the middle without messing up EPCOTs aesthetic, and its just too easy to build a coaster. Walt didn't like coasters and its a fine line, EPCOT deserves better...

But! in my opinion, and the end of my rant: the one IP suggestion that I like and feel could do this more than any is WALL-E. The message of the movie as well as the beautiful space scenes would be so cool. The imagineers could do so much with this in EPCOT if they put their brilliant minds together.

PS- I personally wouldn't mind if the bulldozed the whole East side including Test Track AND Mission Space. Give me back my Horizons, just updated. Please, and Thank You.

Seas and Land may get some work too. Nothing too drastic and not confirmed yet.

JustInTime

Technically they already messed it up by putting Dragon Challenge in Hogsmeade and having it so close to Hogwarts in the first place.
hogwarts-map-cm.jpg

Even with all that it still somehow works very well the way they did it. I don't think people would make a big deal about replacing DC with the Forest because of the location in the actual universe.
I guess that is true. I just feel like the dragon challenge being close to hogsmede is way more believable? It's not as clear in regards to location. But the whole point of the Forrest is that it boarders the school. Would it be hard to mix the area with the hoppogriff section? Technically hagrids hut sits on the edge of the Forrest. So once the dragon coaster is gone, that area and hippogriff could become one and change the entrance? I have no idea if that is even possible.

Princess Leia

hogwarts-map-cm.jpg

I don't know how I got along without this map, tbh. This is pretty useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom