Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Is it possible that the building will be used to queue up for more than one attraction? It's certainly big enough to be a launching point for for than one thing.
There was a version with a theatre show and the coaster. The single attraction version seems to have been chosen. Sadly.

While I imagine Epcot will receive a sizable portion of the announcements made, I do wonder if they plan on revealing the rumored SW resort...
You never know...

The_Jobu

I can just imagine the conversations going on in the former UoE building a few years from now.

Me: "Kids, I remember back in 1982 when this building contained cool robot dinosaurs and interesting films about energy. I'm so glad it's now a place where I can walk back and forth endlessly through switchbacks, pausing only occasionally to play a touchscreen game similar to what we play on our phones except with extra germs! Progress!"

Person behind me: "Me like fast coaster. *COUGH* *SPIT*" /Wipes loogie on $75 t-shirt he has purchased from the Marvel gift shop outside the ride.

Don't forget by that point you'll also get kids asking "Daddy, what's a Guardian of the Galaxy?"

The_Jobu

I didn't know Exxon of 1982 were into solar energy and nuclear fission.

It's a popular misconception the original pavilion was about petrol. Half the entire attraction - including preshow and diorama - was about renewable energy.

I was thinking the same thing while watching your wonderful tribute video:

"Wow, for an attraction sponsored by Big Oil, they sure do give alternative energies a lot of attention."

trainplane3

I don't think I've seen any, but were there any hints dropped about the manufacturer of the coaster? If I had to guess, it'd be Vekoma since they've done the past couple coasters. Possibly that prototype they've had setup for a couple months now.

Thelazer

Why can't we get a fully realized "Tron" coaster inside (no outside daytime spoil the fun, I want full on LED's, black-lights, glowing goodness) the building.. the building's big enough as is.. it could be worked around the "Energy" them in a sense....
Heck you could re-use the existing mirrored room for a very cool laser sequence.

WEDwaydatamover

Don't bash me folks. This post is on 358 pages now. What's the status on U of E?

I can't keep up. It's yes then no. Then possibly maybe a GAG makeover.

I try to keep up but this one has me beat for an answer.

bclane

Why can't we get a fully realized "Tron" coaster inside (no outside daytime spoil the fun, I want full on LED's, black-lights, glowing goodness) the building.. the building's big enough as is.. it could be worked around the "Energy" them in a sense....
Heck you could re-use the existing mirrored room for a very cool laser sequence.
That's what I want too. Imagine going into Flynn's arcade, queuing up into a theatre (which is behind a Tron game) to get zapped into the fully realized digital world that you enter as you exit the theatre. Once in the digital world you get to ride the Tron coaster (for the big kids) which you board in the UoE building but the actual majority of the ride is in the new building that you get launched into, and a more family friendly dark ride which is also in the UoE building. They could also fit a restaurant themed to the End of Line club in there which would be awesome. It could be completely TRON immersive (Recognizers flying overhead) and of course feature the brilliant Daft Punk soundtrack throughout. This would be a better fit than Guardians wouldnt it? Even people who don't like Tron might think the Game Grid would be a cool place to hang out in the way that you don't have to like Avatar to like hanging out in Pandora.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom