Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

yensidtlaw1969

It's expendable. It's a way to have Dumbo there.

And let's not forget it was a cheap quick fix to plug the Pixie Hollow gap.
Expendable as in DinoRama which could come down quickly, or as in Pooh's Playful Spot which was put up in the knowledge that it was not long for this world?

Cesar R M

What, being a commercial for foreign tourism?
Which country again? cant wait to book for arandelle... oh wait you cant!

A person can disagree about whatever they want.

World showcase attractions can definitely be about a country's culture. El Rio de Tiempo had representation of fantastic ancient cultural figures. If it was the other way around and a movie was created which was based on El Rio, would that attraction suddenly not fit!?

Absurd. The only 2 problems with Frozen are 1) It's a Hans Christian Andersen tale and so should be in Denmark, not Norway. 2) It would be a BETTER fit in MK (and possibly a bigger attraction). That doesn't mean it doesn't fit EPCOT.

I still wonder why the hell they didn't just rename the area to "Scandinavian" and add more countries from the area. Adding Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Iceland to Norway etc..

Last edited:

Cesar R M

They can and will. Its a sign of ubber loyalty.
inb4 someone uses this excuse again...
disneyisbusiness_monstersinnc.jpg

Cesar R M

I can't nail it yet. One version I'd say yes it did. Even had a secondary theatre attraction. The one I believe is leading removed the theatre for an extended Transformers-esq queue.
great.. so its another copy and knee jerk reaction to Universal Studios(aka, the rumors say its going to be transformers meets The Mummy?) type ride?

Star Wars
Toys Story land
Frozen
Now Guardians..
all seem to be some sort knee jerk urgent reactions towards something and not very good planned attractions.

ThemeParkJunkee

@BrerJon already answered and I agree. If you are talking now - definitely Tokyo. 2017/2018 Paris will have finished its refurbs and will be celebrating the 25th, so might be worth delaying Tokyo for the 2020 Fantasyland revamp to come online at that point in time.

Again, all depends on if you are talking about planning a trip for two years in the future and a few years after that, or feasibly are hoping to do both within the next few years.

Of course, if the scenario was only doing one - Tokyo, a million times over. Well before Shanghai, Hong Kong or Paris.

I am planning my next three years of vacations. Hubby andI HAVE PASSPORTS AND WILL TRAVEL. I have indulged him in his love of National parks for two years and put 11,000 miles on my car as a result but now we put those passports to work. We take two vacations per year and both are two weeks so I am excited he has no destination in mind.

yeti

View attachment 156636
Oh I know. It was just a joke. But you have tò be careful of what you say if yòur in the public.

I agree. In part, this generational oversensitivity stems from people mistaking their internet profiles for a broadcast venue....some things, like dirty jokes, are better said in the intimacy of like-minded friends. I love the cycle of people whispering a dirty joke to the world, sensitive people becoming sensitive, and then the comedian throws his hands in the air exclaiming "it's a joke people!"......I mean, what did you really expect?

The problem is that reaction has become automatic, so there is practically nothing you can say in public now without stirring some sort of outrage. At the same time, that outrage is still only a vocal minority. There is nothing remotely "dirty" about Ellen's inoffensive joke (am I allowed to take offense at how dumb it is?), and a handful of idiots on Twitter does not a controversy make. Headlines report "she's coming under fire"....meanwhile who's actually upset, like twelve people? The media should embrace sanity by not reporting on this trash to begin with. It's the desperation to create "news" that I find most disgraceful. That's the "conversation"....pathological navel-gazing over inanity.

Last edited:

matt9112

No, this forum only supports negativity.

i think its more of a recent track record of literately everything built at WDW gets the budget axe....you see the new rides...i see the new rides as @Lee showed us they could have been. There is no excuse for such a large powerful company to routinely cut down projects. it also proves that they are okay with lowering the standards that they themselves created in the first place. in my line of work i dont change the quality of work i provide based on what my customer may want or be a better deal i do the right thing at the X level of service every time.

edit: couple that with the fact that many of those project scale downs are direct results of mismanagement elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom