News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Hatbox Ghostbuster

I understand but it was an idea, one that never saw the day of light so what makes you feel so angry about that? Sure it was a pretty bad thought but that's all it was, a thought.
If it was a realistic proposition (and not just an absurd, "what if?") then that just shows what a sorry state WDI is in when making decisions. Thankfully it wasn't chosen, but the fact that it was even suggested is worrisome. I admit I'm getting more annoyed about it than I should, but I just have seen very little Epcot-centric ideas come out of WDI recently that inspires hope for the future...stuff like this, doesn't help.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
If it was a realistic proposition (and not just an absurd, "what if?") then that just shows what a sorry state WDI is in when making decisions. Thankfully it wasn't chosen, but the fact that it was even suggested is worrisome. I admit I'm getting more annoyed about it than I should, but I just have seen very little Epcot-centric ideas come out of WDI recently that inspires hope for the future...stuff like this, doesn't help.
Im in the same boat with you...there is enough stuff that is actually happening that has me sad..cough GOTG in energy...innovations...

DisneyFan18

The building - or its space - will be returned to guest access in the long term.

Until then it'll sadly continue to openly stagnate, be further hidden by trees, and be used as storage and display space.
Do they still think of this as a WDW50 project or have they given up on that timeframe?

Winter

The building - or its space - will be returned to guest access in the long term.

Until then it'll sadly continue to openly stagnate, be further hidden by trees, and be used as storage and display space.
Isn't it being used for the Food and Wine/Flower and Garden festival? Or have they stopped using it for even that?

HauntedMansionFLA

That's a shame. That space could have been use to really bring future world back in a big way. Plus, they could have been working on GotG and this space at the same time and wouldn't bother the visiting guest.

JohnD

I know I am probably the only one here that has not accepted this change, but I am still holding out hope that nostalgic heads will prevail and give us something more related to education about energy with a GoTG slight influence, and perhaps at least 50% of the number of animatronics (in UoE) to help tell the story.

I would love to enter and hear the original Energy theme playing. "Here we go! It's the Universe ... of Energy!" Have other exhibits in the queue relating to WOM, Horizons, imagination 1.0, etc. Heck keep the dinosaurs and just have the queue go right through it to the ride building.

I personally believe Disney knows what they are doing with GOTG. And I believe that Disney will not just make it like a randomly placed ride without an educational element. And yes it’s an IP based ride, but so was Ellen.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
That's a shame. That space could have been use to really bring future world back in a big way. Plus, they could have been working on GotG and this space at the same time and wouldn't bother the visiting guest.

Despite some people thinking that Disney has more money that God, they do have a limited budget for capital expenditures. When we see all thing things that will happen in the next five to six years, it's easy to say, "Well, start all those projects right now!" So, instead of (using round numbers for an example...) spending $1 billion a year for the next five years, we want them to drop all $5 billion right now in this year. And then next year comes... and we start complaining that they aren't starting any new projects that year, and then the complaining gets worse for the next several years, "Is that all?!!" Well, they blew their five year budget in the first year, so, yeah, nothing new for five years.

You'll eventually do something with WoL? Well, do it now! You're going to completely change JII? Well, do it now! You're going to renovate the spine? Well, do it now! You've going to add lands to DAK and DHS past the current projects? Well, do it now!

With that attitude, they'd be spending their 10 year budget in one year. So, yes, Disney is playing catch up in the parks for previous years of low capital expenditure, but even if that wasn't the case, you can't accelerate every future plan to right now.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Despite some people thinking that Disney has more money that God, they do have a limited budget for capital expenditures. When we see all thing things that will happen in the next five to six years, it's easy to say, "Well, start all those projects right now!" So, instead of (using round numbers for an example...) spending $1 billion a year for the next five years, we want them to drop all $5 billion right now in this year. And then next year comes... and we start complaining that they aren't starting any new projects that year, and then the complaining gets worse for the next several years, "Is that all?!!" Well, they blew their five year budget in the first year, so, yeah, nothing new for five years.

You'll eventually do something with WoL? Well, do it now! You're going to completely change JII? Well, do it now! You're going to renovate the spine? Well, do it now! You've going to add lands to DAK and DHS past the current projects? Well, do it now!

With that attitude, they'd be spending their 10 year budget in one year. So, yes, Disney is playing catch up in the parks for previous years of low capital expenditure, but even if that wasn't the case, you can't accelerate every future plan to right now.

Also there's a limit to how many construction workers, imagineers, etc. can be used for the projects at the same time as well.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

That's what happens when you do minimum for so long. Things build up.

orky8

I would have preferred they spent a reasonable budget over the last 10 years. But since they chose stock buy backs instead, they must now accelerate the deferred plans into a shorter period. And while they don't have more money than God, they certainly have enough to make all of these expenditures of a more rapid basis. They choose not to so that they can make their quarterly number promises, hence the spread.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom