Groceries?

Cubs Brian

Are you talking about delivery or shopping yourself?We have never used a delivery service, but on 3 different trips we stocked up at the Super Walmart on sr535 just south of I-4 about a 10-15 minute ride from any Disney hotel.

ChrisQ

We drive, so we bring some stuff from home, and the rest we get at Super Wal-Mart. Last October was our first time on the dining plan, and we discovered that we didn't eat much of what we brought at all. So this December, we're not buying nearly as many groceries as we have in the past.

FamilyMagic

Original Poster
We are probably going to order groceries from Garden Grocer. They deliever the groceries to your room for a $12 fee and this will work out best for us! I have a feeling we won't be eating too much in the room either, so we aren't buying that much (just enough for a late night snack :slurp: and sodas/waters). Thanks for the advice- I'm glad to know I have a WalMart nearby! Can't wait to go!!!

tigsmom

We usually stop and pick up stuff from Publix, haven't used any delivery services. We just have some water bottles and snacks that can be used for a quick breakfast as well.

tigsmom

Is Publix located on the Disney Grounds?

No, but it's not too far away. I can't remember the address, but a google search will bring up what is close by. It's the only grocery store we shop at when we are in Florida (and we spend a bit of time there visiting family every year).

WDW Lover

Is Publix located on the Disney Grounds?

The Publix is at the intersection of 535 and 192. Your three major options would all be along 535, beginning with Goodings (at the crossroads) at one end and Publix at the other end. The super Wal-Mart is about half way in between, but closer to 192.

The prices have always been higher at these stores, and I can only imagine what they're like in this economy. I enjoy both Goodings & Publix, just because I've been going there for so long and I expect to pay more for everything at disney anyway. Locals and friends who have timeshares turned me on to super Wal-Mart though. They're cheaper, especially for Deli meat, which is a quick lunch that we enjoyed almost every day.

TinkerCarol

Over the 4th of July week we had groceries delivered for $12 from the Garden Gocer. You shop online. We also ordered a styrofoam cooler from them that helped us keep milk and water and juice cold for our 8 day trip. They called and confirmed our order, delivered on time and everything was just like we ordered. If you don't find it on their list just call and ask. They have about everything. We were very pleased with them. If you do use them, don't forget to check out the coupons online. I used several on our order and saved some $. GardenGrocer.com I believe.

tigsmom

The Publix is at the intersection of 535 and 192. Your three major options would all be along 535, beginning with Goodings (at the crossroads) at one end and Publix at the other end. The super Wal-Mart is about half way in between, but closer to 192.

The prices have always been higher at these stores, and I can only imagine what they're like in this economy. I enjoy both Goodings & Publix, just because I've been going there for so long and I expect to pay more for everything at disney anyway. Locals and friends who have timeshares turned me on to super Wal-Mart though. They're cheaper, especially for Deli meat, which is a quick lunch that we enjoyed almost every day.

I shop Super Walmart at home, but love Publix especially for their deli which carries Boar'sHead meats which is what we get here in NY.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom