Gravity Falls?

Magenta Panther

Original Poster
I've seen threads here regarding what properties Disney should make rides/attractions out of. But I haven't seen one yet about Disney's excellent new animated show "Gravity Falls". In case some folks here haven't seen it, here's the rundown: it's about a set of twins, boy and girl, named Dipper and Mabel, who spend the summer with their "Gruncle" (Grand-Uncle) Stan in his souvenir/roadside attraction shop called "The Mystery Shack". The Shack has a collection of souvenirs and oddities (most of them fake) that Gruncle Stan sells to gullible tourists. BUT the Shack does have its secrets, and so do the spooky woods around it. Dipper and Mabel - who have a close-knit relationship that defies the usual "I hate my brother/sister" cartoon formula we've all seen much too often - discover strange creatures and acquire mystical objects and powers as the series goes on. I love this show; it's great for kids but easily entertains adults, and I think it'd be cool to insert it in some way in the parks. In fact, the Mystery Shack would readily fit in at DHS OR DAK - since most of the show's magical creatures come from its spooky pine woods. The show's a hit, too; it's doing better, ratings-wise, than Phineas and Ferb at present. Anyway, I'd like to see a Mystery Shack in DAK, complete with spooky woods, much more than that dippy Pandora. Just a thought...

ImagineerDude

Umm...I'd prefer Phineas and Ferb over Gravity Falls any day, but everyone is different. Honestly,Disney should focus on brands that are here to stay like Cars, The Princesses AND their villains, etc. :)

*Or design a new attraction like Mystic Point at HKDL :D

Magenta Panther

Original Poster
Umm...I'd prefer Phineas and Ferb over Gravity Falls any day, but everyone is different. Honestly,Disney should focus on brands that are here to stay like Cars, The Princesses AND their villains, etc. :)

*Or design a new attraction like Mystic Point at HKDL :D

Oh, I too would totally prefer something new and original in the parks, rather than one based on a Disney property. But if a new attraction WERE to be based on a Disney property, then I'd love one based on Gravity Falls. Phineas and Ferb already have a presence in the parks. If Gravity Falls continues to hold its popularity, then it would only make sense that it'd find its way into the parks too.

litaljohn

you gotta watch out, ask about gravity falls and you will end up with that shack as a store in one of the parks selling trinkets seen on the show. and that would be it. it'll end up being all just a new sponge of revenue. then next thing you know due to the poor name of the series some terrible person like myself will come along and make a thread and call it "gravity fails" and complain about everything from the quality of the goods to the fact they don't play enough Bon Jovi in the store.

Chrononymous

I have thinking about this too...what kind of a cool attraction could they create from this show?

(And I am another one who would rather they didn't use their franchises to create new attractions...but...)

A Mystery Shack would be kind of cool. Redesigning TSI as Gravity Falls would be kinda cool too. A motion simulator along the lines of the Time Travel episode would be cool.

(I'm still waiting for the P&F Time Travel ride though)

Jo DeVil

We like Gravity Falls and we are big P&F fans my DS8 loves Kid V Kat as well. So it is all down personal taste, I think there is enough room for all.

Meredith

I think the reasoning for then not making a ride for this would be it isn't something a lot of people know about and it's kind of new so it hasn't really had a run yet, but Phineas and Ferb have been on for more than 5 years. Also I think Disney wouldn't want to spend millions on a not well know animated Disney channel show and would rather spend it on a hit older movie that is sure to be a hit like Monster Inc., Cars , or more Muppets.
PS Me and my bro like the show also:)

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I don't see Disney creating long term attractions based on toon Disney or Disney HD shows. They may use them in ways that are easily revamped, i.e. the Phineus and Ferb remake of the Kim Possible interactive at Epcot. But most of those shows are forgotten and don't make it past the current generation.

JTT

I'm a huge Gravity Falls fan but I think it's too new of a series to have a ride or major attraction.
But they could have the characters sign autographs, take pictures and sell merchandise.
I asked and there isn't a store based on Disney Channel shows.

DizFiz

I may like gravity falls but mostly like Disney will let the show play out for a bit then might consider.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom