Grand Floridian Food Court?

OliveMcFly

I was told that as a surprise we are now staying at the Grand Floridian in Jan instead of the Contemporary. :( Shhh! It's a secret. I was wondering if they even have a food court? I never really took notice to one. Also I've seen pics of the rooms and they look dark cause of the Victorian look. Are they really dark looking or are they pretty?

Cliffordsmon

The rooms are done in an Alice in Wonderland theme and gives you a very warm and comfortable enviroment. The food court is or was opened 24hrs. Don't forget to eat at Narcoosies. If you are lucky you will see the fireworks and the electrical water parade.

Upvote 0

fngoofy

Sorry to disagree, but everything there is Victorian themed.

As I remember they do have a counter service area, about the same as the Contp's.

Have fun, great place. Watch the fireworks from the dock, and use the boat service at least once from the MK to GF, it is a fun ride.

Upvote 0

celestia

be sure to book a character breakfast at 1900 park faire (i think that was the name?)

They had *great* food, some a bit gourmet (including a cold strawberry soup to die for)

it included characters from winnie the pooh, marry poppins, and alice and wonderland when i went.

personally... i think the hotel is beautiful, but doesn't live up as my favorite compared to animal kingdom lodge (although i must admit the grand floridian has the best transportation out of the two because of the monorail) :)

have a blast! :wave:

Upvote 0

Cliffordsmon

Let me be more specific. The bed spreads are Alice in Wonderland themed which was written during the Victorian era. There are also throw pillows with teacups filled with the Alice characters. The toiletries are not the usual Mickey Mouse brand (unless they have made cuts) but more along an herbal line. They even have White Rabbit cotton balls and q-tips. Its all very charming.

The monorail can at peak times be difficult to board if going to the Magic Kingdom. Try the boat that you board by Narcoosies. It can be very relaxing if you are not in a hurry. Have fun!

Upvote 0

WDWspider

Originally posted by Clifford'smon
Let me be more specific. The bed spreads are Alice in Wonderland themed which was written during the Victorian era.

I was thinking the same thing when the other poster responded. :animwink:

Upvote 0

kal1484

I've never stayed at the Grand Floridian, however I did get my senior pictures done there. It is the most beatiful place. There is a small place where you can get food. However, don't think it's anything like POR, or the All-Stars or anything. It's just some basic stuff, and I believe there was Ice Cream you could get.

You'll love it! I've always wanted to stay there!! Have a wonderful trip! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

kal1484

Here's there menu:

Breakfast is 6:30 am - 11 am

French Toast Sticks - $3.99
Plain Egg Croissant - $4.79
Egg and Bacon Croissant - $5.39
Egg and Sausage Croissant - $5.39

Sausage or Bacon $2.25
Oatmeal or Grits $2.39
Tator Tots $1.50

Lunch and Dinner is 11 am - midnight

COMBO Meals - Includes Topping Bar, French Fries or Fruit Cup

Hot Dog Combo - $5.09
Chicken Strips Combo - $6.59
Cheeseburger Combo - $5.99
Hamburger Combo - $5.459
Grilled Chicken Sandwich Combo - $6.79

PIZZA - Whole (16") or Individual
Cheese - $14.49/$5.29
Pepperoni - $15.88/$5.59
Sausage - $15.88/$5.59
Combo (Choice of 4 Toppings) $18.49/$6.49
Additional toppings $1.39

SIDE ORDERS
Chili $3.50
French Fries $1.79
Nachos with Cheese $3.00
Nachos with Chili $3.75

Baked Potato $3.50
Chicken Soup $3.50
Grilled Cheese $2.75

DELI
Roast Beef $5.95
Turkey $5.95
BLT $5.95
Ham $5.95
Tuna $5.95
Cheese Steak $6.50
Club $6.50

Upvote 0

OliveMcFly

Original Poster
Thanks So Much for the menu. I'm already craving a bake potato. Just to let everyone know I updated my webpage so please check it out and don't forget to leave me some feedback. Thanks guys! You're so great! :kiss:

Upvote 0

stevelloyd

:sohappy:

I have stayed at the Contemp, Poly and GF. It seemed to me that the GF had the best quality food in their food court. Poly was gross and the Contemp was 2nd.

Upvote 0

TIGGER-FAN

We just came back from a stay at the GF and it was great. Casparilla is the only counter service there and the lines can get long depending on the time of day. As for the decor, each building has a differnt theme (Alice in Wonderland, Victorian, and Swan). We stayed in Sago Cay and our room was swan themed from the bedspreads to the pillows. We had a garden view room and it was plenty big.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom