Grand Californian Wait List

Blairnicol

Original Poster
Hey gang-

Anyone have any experience with wait listing GC? Currently on a waitlist for the 2nd week in January for 2 nights. I was trying to do a super budget trip, points wise, but I'm wondering if I need to just bite to bullet and do Disney Collection & stay at the Disneyland Hotel. We really wanted to stay at GC because I always stay at Disneyland Hotel when I go, but wasn't really wanting to spend that many points for this trip...ugh.

Really appreciate the feedback!

dreamfinder

For those of you who waitlisted the GC and didn't get it, what was your alternate plan?

When it got to the point where I couldn't feel comfortable waiting any more (everything but lodging was booked and our dates were set in stone) ended up transferring points to be used to stay at Paradise Pier. So we ended up actually having 4 different reservations, one night regular hotel room, one night club level, one night regular hotel room, then a studio at VGC. I'd rather have had one booking for hotel and one for DVC, but unless we did club every night, there wasn't any other room type that was available for the duration.

216bruce

Cool, what have you heard about more villas?
I was told that once all of the dust settles on the DL land aquisition and rearranging/expansion that there will be an expanded presence of DVC room available at DL. I was told this in Spring of this year by a friend of the Exec VP of DVC and he (the Veep), alluded to it last Fall when I was on a trip with him.
They are very aware of the shortage, demand and need (let alone the income/$) for more units in DL.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I wonder if it might end up right across the street from the entrance, since they have purchased land there lately. Then just need a walkover the road.

Blairnicol

Original Poster
When it got to the point where I couldn't feel comfortable waiting any more (everything but lodging was booked and our dates were set in stone) ended up transferring points to be used to stay at Paradise Pier. So we ended up actually having 4 different reservations, one night regular hotel room, one night club level, one night regular hotel room, then a studio at VGC. I'd rather have had one booking for hotel and one for DVC, but unless we did club every night, there wasn't any other room type that was available for the duration.
Ya-I'm trying to decide what my limit of 'comfortable' is. It's good to know someone got called, but 2 months out is realllly cutting it close. I'm very type A about planning. I wish, with the shortage of DVC rooms, you could use points to book at DLK Hotel or the hotel portion of GC while staying on the wait list...

UofMGuy423

We are staying in a 1BR at VGC the week of January 4th. I booked right at the 7 month window and Studio rooms were gone. I was able to get 2 nights in a 1BR and wait listed for the 3rd night, which came through a few days later. It's the smallest DVC resort, so I've heard its difficult getting into after the 7 month window. Good luck!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom