Pre-Trip Graduation and cancer free celebration!

Hey everyone!
My name is Megan and I am new to WDW Magic! After reading everyone else's trip reports and pre trip reports I really wanted to give it a try! Additionally, my family is probably sick of me talking about Disney so much, so its a good way to talk about my trip without the usual rolling of the eyes (to be fair they are all very excited, but I know I talk too much haha).

Who? First let me introduce the fellow members of my trip!
The trip includes myself (obviously!), my parents, my sister Jill and her boyfriend Nick and my sister Elizabeth (who we call Betta). My Mom, Dad, Betta and I were last at Disney in January of 2013 and Jill was last at Disney in April of 2010. Nick, however, has not been to Disney since he was a kid, and has only been once!

232323232%7Ffp5438%3B%3Enu%3D3359%3E459%3E867%3EWSNRCG%3D397%3A86%3A8%3A7337nu0mrj

Left to Right: My sister Betta, my sister Jill, me!, my Mom and my Dad

232323232%7Ffp734%3A5%3Enu%3D3359%3E459%3E867%3EWSNRCG%3D397%3A8676%3B5337nu0mrj

And this is Nick (Jill's boyfriend) and Jill

When?
My parents and I will be in Disney from June 6th - June 16th 2014. My sisters and Nick will be there from June 7th to June 15th

Where?
We will all be staying at Port Orleans French Quarter this year. We have all stayed there in the past and really enjoyed it. Plus, I will be about two weeks out from a New Orleans service trip so it will be good to transition right back into the NOLA charm :)

Why?
So, when we got back from our last trip I distinctly remember my mom and I sitting at breakfast in our usual post-Disney depression thinking about when we could go on our next trip. We had tossed around the idea of going after I graduate from medical school (which is happening June 1 this year!), but we were never super serious about it. Obviously Disney is expensive so I just figured we would not be going for awhile even if we did toss around the idea a few times. However, last April my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer and the first thing she said was "That's it, we are going to Disney!" Life is too short, so why not enjoy life while we are still here! Luckily my mom had surgery and radiation and is now doing very well and it just so happens that during our trip will be her one year cancer free anniversary! So, we have a lot of things to celebrate: my mom being cancer free, my medical school graduation, my parents' 37th wedding anniversary and Fathers Day! Since we are celebrating so many things, this trip is going to be so fun and we are definitely making a point to try things we have never tried before!

CtDisneyGuy33

Thank you! Def can not wait to "drink around the world." Congrats on the Bar exam…I heard that exam is torture :)

Just do yourself a favor, enjoy it! So many good drinks around the world, dont rush! Thanks on the bar exam, I still have nightmares! And your Medical Boards are nothing to sneeze at either - so I wish you the best with everything! Trust me, after the bar exam, most of us need a doctor :)

FlaggNL

First of all congrats from this side of the world!! Great for your mum and for you and off course the rest of the family!! Enjoy the pre feelings and following along from this side of the ocean ;)

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Following along! So great to hear ur mom is doing better!

Thank you so much :)

1) Huge congratulations to your Mom on being cancer free. That is AMAZING.
2) Huge congratulations to you on med school - also amazing.

This trip looks like it's going to be a blast!

Thank you! We are all very excited and eager to get there !

Thank you! Def can not wait to "drink around the world." Congrats on the Bar exam…I heard that exam is torture :)

Just do yourself a favor, enjoy it! So many good drinks around the world, dont rush! Thanks on the bar exam, I still have nightmares! And your Medical Boards are nothing to sneeze at either - so I wish you the best with everything! Trust me, after the bar exam, most of us need a doctor :)
haha I bet! I will definitely slow down and enjoy my time before the craziness that is residency :)

First of all congrats from this side of the world!! Great for your mum and for you and off course the rest of the family!! Enjoy the pre feelings and following along from this side of the ocean ;)
Oh thank you so much!!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
We officially got our DME stuff in the mail yesterday! Yay! At least it was yay until I opened it and realized they dropped my mom and had my Dad and I on different flights haha. Oh well, just called and they are re-sending everything! I am super excited to use DME this trip, we have never used it before :) Hopefully everything is straightened out before we leave.

spammyanne

I'm so excited for you! Congrats on your Graduation and your mom for kicking Cancer's butt. We are Western New Yorkers too and my Mom has also been battling cancer. Thank God for all of our awesome hospitals in WNY, especially Roswell Park! I hope you have an amazing trip! We will be heading down in Dec for our Familymoon and Cancer Free celebration and it will be my mom's 1st anniversary of being done with Chemo while we are there too! Wishing you all the best!!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
I'm so excited for you! Congrats on your Graduation and your mom for kicking Cancer's butt. We are Western New Yorkers too and my Mom has also been battling cancer. Thank God for all of our awesome hospitals in WNY, especially Roswell Park! I hope you have an amazing trip! We will be heading down in Dec for our Familymoon and Cancer Free celebration and it will be my mom's 1st anniversary of being done with Chemo while we are there too! Wishing you all the best!!

Thank you so much! Hope your mom is doing well with treatments :) Familymoon and cancer free celebration sound like 2 pretty amazing things to celebrate as well in Disney! December will come soon enough! Congrats!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Currently my parents and I are watching old VHS tapes (dragged the VCR out of the attic) of our 1992 Disney trip! OMG HILARIOUS! Disney looked so funny (and so did we!). Its so funny to see just how little there was at Disney haha most of our trip consisted of the pool at Ft. Wilderness and River Country (ahhh…how vintage). I can't wait to find the tapes from the rest of our trips! Its definitely getting us excited for our trip :) 26 days!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
FInally got our new and correct DME stuff in the mail and magic bands are all set to go…now just trying to pack. The weather forecast looks less than promising but as my sister said we only need no rain for fireworks and water parks..other than that it would not be the end of the world if it rained (famous last words?). I can not believe that we leave so soon! The last few weeks I have been so busy with my service trip and graduation that I can not believe we leave Friday! AHHH SO EXCITED! I do wish I would stop having DIsney nightmares thought haha

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom