Google's EPCOT

The Empress Lilly

Cool!

So I guess that in fifteen years time they'll build an amusement park in the Spirit of Google, named 'GooglePlex', consisting of slow moving rides through the history of Electricity, and Mechanics, plus 'Exploration of Emotion' presented by V. Ling the mintgreen dragon. A sleeper hit is Algorhytms, a whimsy musical presentation of Google's inner workings.

Then fifteen years later a Simpsons episode will poke fun at the park for being boring, causing Google to convert the park in a panic into B celeb land and renaming it Googleperplex. The Transport ride is replaced by Pole Position, a ride that puts the rider in a Google Car that meticulously recreates through GPS data accumulated on the rider's Googlewatchband their exact daily commute in every boring detail, but on a track.

Another one-and-half decade later new management has identified brand synergy as Google's core strength, replacing the rides for tie-ins to its subdivision products, resulting in Spaceship Google Earth, consisting of staring at a monitor showcasing you an old version of the same Google Earth you actually have on your mobile device. And Google Ogle: Mission Polar Pole Princesses, presenting Norwegian pole dancers to ogle at in a bid to attract the male demographic, replacing Pole Position, a switch greatly defended by newer fans because both rides have got Pole in their name so are thematically related, but derided by vintage GooglePlex fans as a vulgarisation.

SteamboatJoe

Disney and Google is a business relationship I have long thought could pay big dividends for both companies with the right project(s). I always thought Google would be a perfect sponsor/partner/co-designer for an attraction in Epcot.

yedliW

I read years ago that some rich guy (I don't remember who it was..) had the idea of taking old oil drilling platforms and turning them into mini-countries in the middle of oceans.. same sort of thing..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom