Goofy's Barnstormers Project 7

Fractal514

Original Poster
I think Archimedes could be a good way of explaining any safety rules and whatever, like that, and yes it does appear to be just us, so I will continue on with act 2, 3, and 4.

Fractal514

Original Poster
Correct, although we may want to design the building layout to show the different show rooms and queue progressions.

One of the things I HATED about the simspsons, and universal in general is that some of the queues just...lack. Ya know?

WDW Vacationer

Correct, although we may want to design the building layout to show the different show rooms and queue progressions.

One of the things I HATED about the simspsons, and universal in general is that some of the queues just...lack. Ya know?

Gotcha.

I'm thinking like TT. Main queue. Then breifing room,in this case containing Archimedes. Then the load area. Thoughts?

Fractal514

Original Poster
I am doing the ride description for the rest of the story. I have most of it done already, since it's due tomorrow. If you want to work on something like a post show shop, that would be good.

Fractal514

Original Poster
Act 2- The forest.

"Stick close to me lad, I want you, or our friends to get lost."
We are out of the window and onto the branch of a tree. We follow behind Merlin and Arthur, bobbing up and down, nothing to rough.

"Hey Merlin, where are we going?" Arthur bounds in front of Merlin and jumps from branch to branch, we follow, bounding right along with him.

"Now stop all that jumping lad, you'll make your new friends sick. We need to go to the top of the canopy for today's lesson, but be careful, birds sometimes prey on smaller creatures, and I think that your friends would definitely qualify right about now."

We climb higher and higher until we are near the top of the trees and we can see out over the entire kingdom, a castle in the background.

"My lad, I want to teach you about photosynthesis, a very important part of the food cycle."

"Photo-what?"

"Synthesis my boy, Photosynthesis. It's how all of these tree grew to be so tall. You see my lad everything needs to eat, just like a hawk might eat a small mammal, and a squirrel might eat an acorn, the tree that acorn grew on must east, and that is where photosynthesis comes into play."

During this speech there is a hawk flying closer and closer to us, this part might seem boring, but it will only be about 20 seconds in total.

"Merlin, why do I need to know all this?"

"Because it's important you understand the natural order of things, we can't rely on magic to solve all of our powers, or might for that matter, you need to use your brain. Why when I become your age, I should hope that I have more patiences..." Merlin turns his back on us and the hawk comes and grabs Arthur, taking us on a flight with it."

"Merlin help!" We get a few yards away when we here the sounds of Merlin casting a spell.

"Slippery Dippery Grippus Slippus!" Arthur slips through the birds claws and starts plunging right towards a lake. Moments before we hit a bolt of magic transforms Arthur into a fish and he slips right under the water.

"Oh boy, that was fun, but I wouldn't wanna do it again. Are you folks ok?" Arthur asks us. "I'm glad no one got hurt, I guess Merlin was right about these lessons being dangerous. Hey, let's look around and see what we can find down here."

Fractal514

Original Poster
If anyone wants to come up with effects and things to go with these storylines I'm writing, please feel free.

Fractal514

Original Poster
Act 3- The Lake

We follow Arthur through the lake, and a feeling of serenity fills the room. This section is much mellower than the last in terms of ride movement, lots of bobbing slowly up and down, not much in terms of jarring motions, til the end at least.

"Oh boy, look, an old junk yard... This must be where they used to throw their old junk."

We see lots of items, swords, jousting equipment, maybe a few hidden items from other movies, perhaps a clock that looks surprisingly like cogsworth or a bed missing one of it's bedknobs.

This would be a shorter, palette cleansing scene, before the big action sequence.

"Oh look, there's some cheese over there, well, you heard what Merlin said about the food chain, I've gotta eat don't I?"

Arthur swims over and tries to bit the cheese, which vanishes. We see a net slowly rise around us until, it's too late, we are caught.

"Oh no, someone's got us." We are dragged upwards, with Arthur, out of the water, until we are face to face with...

"Madame MIM!" Arthur yells, clearly frightened.

"That's right deary, looks like I've caught myself a really fine supper for this evening. You all look delicious!"

"Let my friends go Mim! I promised I'd keep them safe."

"Oh they'll be safe all right, safe and sound within my belly!"

"Not if I can hep it" Merlin yells, as a frog, hopping out of the water, "Mim, let them go."

"No, I'm hungry, besides... you don't frighten me old man..." Mim starts to transform into a large snake. Dropping the net and freeing us, but leaving Arthur flapping around on the ground.

"Take to the skies boy, get your friends home safely!"

Wingity Dingity Birdio Flightus! Arthur is now a bird and we take off through the forest.

Fractal514

Original Poster
I am running out of steam here... Act 4 If someone else wants to modify, elaborate, critique of anything, please feel free.

Arthur flies straight up dodging branches and limbs. Behind us Mim and Merlin start shifting between different creatures trying to gain the upper hand.

"Ok, I just need to get my bearings... THERE... there's the castle, let's go!"

As Arthur is talking to us, we see the hawk has found us once again and is heading straight for Arthur, who turns and ducks, JUST before the hawk grabs him.

"Not him again, let's hide in the trees." We dive back down to the forest only to see that Mim has transformed into a giant octopus (somewhat reminiscent of Ursula) and has a Fox Merlin wrapped up in her tentacles.
"Oh no, she's got Merlin, we've gotta save him." We fly right at Mim and Arthur starts pecking at the tentacles. She transforms into a giant cat and starts stalking us through the woods.

"Run lad, get back to the castle!" Arthur takes off, through the trees, dodging and darting, we get swiped at by the giant cat, then the hawk, back and forth until we see the castle approaching.

"We're almost there...just hang on lad." Merlin has joined us as an owl and is flying slightly ahead of us, he has turned his head to talk to us and isn't looking where he is going. A giant Mim T-Rex rises up in front of us and manages to catch Merlin as we crash into Mim. We get seperated from Arthur and shoot straight up. At the apex we look down and see that the T-Rex has a giant whale sticking out of it's mouth. Mim dispersers into a puff of pink smoke and Merlin transforms into a monkey and climbs up into the castle. This happens below us as we slowly start falling only to have that darned hawk descending on us... Just as he is about to catch us Arthur sweeps in from the side and reconnects with us and heads straight towards the window. As we fly in Merlin, a human now, gently shuts the window. We hear a loud wooden... thunk.

"Presto Chango, Rearrango!" We are now back normal, facing the way we were before. Merlin opens the window, peels the flattened hawk off the shutter, mutters a spell and the hawk takes off out the window, fully mended."

Jasonflz

Post Show Shop:

Gifts Fit For A King

Upon exiting the ride you pass by a small door with "Mim Sweet Mim" inscribed on it. Behind the door is a constant sound of sneezing and coughing.

The massive gift shop area is designed to look like part of the old century castle. The walls are pure stone with metal chandeliers and candle holders giving the room light. On display on the far right is the sword supported by two "dragon hands" holding it above guest's heads. One the far left is Archimede's house, where an animatronic Archimedes sits, chastising various guests. Merlin's Spell books and other magical devices are seen in a display case near the exit.

The shop sells various gifts, including; The Sword In The Stone DVD and Bluray, park related items, Sword in the Stone shirts and clothing, magic wands and spell-books, and lots more.

Fractal514

Original Poster
The Sword in the Stone
Our goal with this dark ride is to present an experience that will be enjoyable by both adults and children alike. The familiar characters and storyline elements from The Sword in the Stone are timeless and fit easily into the Enchanted Forest and the larger theme of Fantasyland as well. Rather than retelling the story of the movie, as many of the rides in Fantasyland do, we’ve decided to extrapolate from the movie and create a new adventure that is reminiscent of the movie, but also has a life of its own. The animation for this ride would 3-D Computer generation using the art style and coloring of the original movie.

Technology
Using real 3-D, a ride vehicle system similar to The Simpsons at Universal, but with a dome-like immersive screen similar to the Dragaon’s Treasure in Macau City, we will create a fully immersive and thrilling ride that will add a much needed E-Ticket family friendly thrill to Fantasyland.

While we have no animosity towards Pixie Hollow, we feel that the popularity of the series will be waning and replacing it would be the least impactful to the surrounding land and replace something with a decidedly limited appeal to one with a vast appeal. The ride house would be built as a castle rising out of the forest.

Fractal514

Original Poster
Act 5.

"Well lad, that certainly was exciting. Don't worry about Mim, she'll be nursing a sore jaw for weeks, and on top of that I used one of my old tricks to give her quite a bad case of the flu."

"Thanks Merlin, but can you please turn me back into a human again?"

"Why certainly lad, now let's see, Coyus Toyus, Bakto Boys!"

Arthur transforms back into a boy and crashes down onto a table, sending all of the dishes stacked on the end crashing into the wall behind us.

Sir Ector screams from outside the room.

"WARRRTTTT!"

"Oh no Merlin, you'd better get out of here."

"Very well lad, I'll see you soon, goodbye everyone! Higgitus Fearus, Dissapeerus!"

"I don't suppose you folks want to stay around and help me with my chores. You'd better get out of here too. If you do feel like helping out, I'm sure you'll be able to find Archemedes outside, he'll let you know what to do. See you folks later!"

The lights come up and we disembark. We are led out to a shop and a game room containing stations for "Chores" which are really games.

One station would have you conducting with a wand to clean up a room.
Another station might have you shooting blobs of paint onto a wall to cover it. These would all be narrated by Archimedes.

Fractal514

Original Poster
Ok, I think the core concept of the ride is good. I wish we could have revised it more and I'm not sure all of the story elements fit together the way I'd like them to, but at it's heart I think this could be an AWESOME ride.

WDW Vacationer

Exterior:

The exterior of the building would be a castle-like in appearance,similar to POTC at DLP. It would be made out of stone with some wood trim and large turrents on each side. There would be a water feature in front of the building,one would have a small island filled with plants there would also be planters on each side of the water. A large stone courtyard would be filled with trees and a large planter. Access to the building would be through a wooden drawbridge over the water. Torches would light up the exterior at night. They would be mounted on walls,and come up from the ground. The sword in the stone in front of the carousel would go into the courtyard,and the show once performed there would return to play every half hour.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01SAMW8sbo4&feature=related

Aerial-http://forums.wdwmagic.com/picture.php?albumid=859&pictureid=13410
Elevation-http://forums.wdwmagic.com/picture.php?albumid=859&pictureid=13411

The stones would not be simply one color,but multi-colored like the castle. Also,there would be a bit more detail than I could show.:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom