Good places to eat?

Owishingonastar

Original Poster
Hello my boyfriend, his family and myself will be going to the world on April 18th to the 25th. My boyfriend is 21, i'm 24 and his little brothers are 8 and 12. I'm trying to choose a few restaurants for us to eat at as we are not on the dining plan. If I could get any feedback to which ones are better than others or what ever else you can help me with it would be greatly appreciated.:)

real mad hatter

Aw Naw!

Well your ADRS for table service are scarce as 180 days are long gone my friend.Anyway here goes,kids will love T/Rex and Rainforest Cafe,the best QS restaurants are Sunshine Seasons,Epcot.Columbia Harbour house,MK ,Backlot Express,HS. Flame tree BBQ.AK ,and downtown Wolfgang puck,and earl of sandwich.But you've got 7 weeks to start planning.best of luck!:wave:

accord99cutie

Premium Member
Good quick service places in my opinion are as follows:

Magic Kingdom: Pecos Bills and Columbia harbor House

Epcot: the fish and chips place in England (can't think of the name) and the quick serve place in Mexico

Hollywood Studios: uhhh... there are not many I'd suggest. Pizza Planet (the brothers will love the arcades) and possibly trying to get an ADR for the table service 50's prime time.

Animal Kingdom: get lunch at wither Yak and Yeti or at Flame Tree BBQ

If you want a table service that is fairly inexpensive (as far as TS at WDW go..) I would try to get an ADR for Whispering Canyon at the Wilderness Lodge or Rainforest Cafe for a day that you will be at Animal Kingdom or Downtown Disney.

I hope this helps!! :sohappy:

nepalostparks

Are you looking for sit down full service, or counter style quick service?

Animal Kingdom only has a few food options, and Flame Tree is the best in my opinion.

Hollywood Studios is hit or miss - I've had a good meal at Mama Melrose, but some others were not as impressed.

Epcot has a ton of options, and many are very good. Sunshine Seasons in the Land Pavilion has a number of great options for a counter service restaurant. And World Showcase has a number of great restaurants, both full service and counter service.

Magic Kingdom has decent counter service options, I think Columbia Harbour House has the most interesting menu. Crystal Palace is a decent buffet, and you have the Winnie the Pooh characters as well.

There are also a number of restaurants in Downtown Disney - I like Wolfgang Puck myself, I've had two great meals there on recent trips. Earl of Sandwich is a big favorite for a lot of people.

Then there are the resorts. The ones along the monorail (Contemporary, Polynesian, and Grand Floridian) all have some great choices for sit down meals.

I would take a look at the menus and reviews here (click the dining tab along the top. Also, check out allears.net for lots of user reviews.

fractal

For something a little more special and different, try Saana at Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village.

Columbia harbor house is great for a Quick Service at Magic Kingdom.

For Burgers and Fries and IceCream, it's tough to beat Beaches and Cream @ the Beach Club.

50's Prime Time is great for homestyle cooking and some funny antics from the wait staff.

Enjoy!

disneyrcks

For something a little more special and different, try Saana at Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village.

Columbia harbor house is great for a Quick Service at Magic Kingdom.

For Burgers and Fries and IceCream, it's tough to beat Beaches and Cream @ the Beach Club.

50's Prime Time is great for homestyle cooking and some funny antics from the wait staff.

Enjoy!

Everyone has had great suggestions so far but these stuck out. I think the kids would love Prime Time and Saana is so lovely. I would also recommend Via Napoli in Epcot. The food is great and they serve fantastic pizza which will be a big hit with the kids! In the Magic Kingdom there is Pecos Bill's quick service with good burgers and chicken fingers. We do most of our sit down dinners at resorts so if you have any questions about resort restaurants, feel free to PM me or post them here. Where are you staying? Your trip is almost here :sohappy:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
You might try Sci Fi at DHS. I think the kids would get a kick out of it. Our kids also love 50s Prime time as well. For Epcotn sunshine seasons has great variety for quick service.

SFMarine

Columbia Harbour House is great in Magic Kingdom. For a little variety I recommend Sunshine Seasons. They have great Reuben sandwiches there and so many options! Also Backlot Express @ Hollywood Studios has some good sandwiches as well.

shmmrname

If you're having trouble, remember many of the best restaurants in WDW are at the hotels. It can be a hassle at times getting there, if you don't have your own transportation, but it's well worth it to hotel-hop for a few lunches/dinners.

harryk

Wilderness Lodge and Grand Floridian have great counter service restaurants near the pool areas. Wilderness Lodge has Roaring Forks and Grand Flo has Gasparilla's. These are usually not crowded if that is your preference.

ThinkTink721

Our Favorites:

'Ohana for breakfast or dinner
Whispering Canyon
Chef Mickey's for dinner
Crystal Palace for dinner
Donald's Safari breakfast
Sci-Fi
Teppan Edo
1900 Park Fare for breakfast or dinner

righttrack

Not to be missed

'Ohana - Dinner - Polynesian Resort
Crystal Palace - Magic Kingdom
Boma - Dinner Animal Kingdom Lodge
Biergarten - Epcot

annawilliams

Chef Mickeys- For Breakfast
Sci Fi Dine in Theatre- Lunch?
50's Prime Time Cafe- Dinner
Cinderella's Royal Table- Always a fun dinner!

The MadHatter

]counter service
MK- casey's corner
EPCOT- sunshine seasons/katsura grill
MGM- fairfax fare (only had the hotdogs)
AK- flametree bbq

table service lunch
MK- absolutly nothing (for lunch we do casey's or eat at a restaurant in one of the monorail resorts such as the wave.
EPCOT- Le Cellier
MGM- lol
AK- yak and yeti

Table Service Dinners

V&A
flying fish
todd english blueZoo
california grill
jiko
bistro de paris used to be good but i heard its been going downhill.

slappy magoo

Hello my boyfriend, his family and myself will be going to the world on April 18th to the 25th. My boyfriend is 21, i'm 24 and his little brothers are 8 and 12. I'm trying to choose a few restaurants for us to eat at as we are not on the dining plan. If I could get any feedback to which ones are better than others or what ever else you can help me with it would be greatly appreciated.:)

Where will you be staying? If you're staying in one of the monorail resorts or one of the Epcot resorts, you will have a lot of restaurants that are easily accessible, walking distance or by monorail. Staying at the Wilderness Lodge or Fort Wilderness, you can walk or bus from one to the other, plus there are boats to the Contemporary (or MK) and from there you can monorail to Poly & GF as well. If you're staying in one of the Port Orleans' resorts or Saratoga Springs or Old Key West, there are both boats and buses to Downtown Disney, which is close enough to not make traveling there a pain. But if you're staying in any of the other moderate resorts, or any of the Values, getting to any restaurant beyond the ones in the parks will take more time.

All of this is irrelevant if you have your own car.

Keep this tip in your back pocket, while the Turf Club in Saratoga Springs isn't the most whimsical magical restaurant on property, the food is really good and it is practically never busy. If you find it hard getting reservations because your trip is coming up so soon, give it a shot.

Other restaurants that might be easy to get a reservation this soon, or you can try a walk-in...

Kona Cafe in the Poly
Restaurant Marrakesh in Morocco
Sanaa in Animal Kingdom Villas Kidani Village
Kouzzina at the Boardwalk
The Wave in the Contemporary
Trails' End at Fort Wilderness
Grand Floridian Cafe at the Grand Floridian

We will be there about the same time that you are. I just made an ADR for lunch at the Biergarten Restaurant this week. I got exactly the time that I requested. I booked on the WDW website and just entered the time that I wanted and didn't choose a particular restaurant because I was curious about what is still available. There are still plenty of available reservations out there.

Good luck!:wave:

petey

A hidden gem is Sanaa located in AKL (Kidani Village). If you like to experiment there are some very different dishes there, and it is one of the few places that know how to make use of spices. Also get a table by the windows and watch the animals walk right by while you eat, pretty neat!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom