Going with a 4 year old

tmm7899

My friend is taking her son who will be 4 on his birthday. He loves water so she booked the Beach Club because of the pool area. What else should I tell her to make sure that she gets to do with him there. It will just be the 2 of them, they are going in the beginning of May. Any help or advice is welcome.

tigsmom

They have to do a character meal. Cape May has a breakfast, Chef Mickey's is also fun. They may even want to try the Hoop Dee Do Review.
Besides all the parks there are some great things to do over at Fort Wilderness for kids.

When my kids were that age the big thing was meeting their favorite characters more than anything else.

And pictures, takes lots of pictures.

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Make sure to set a pace he can handle. The parks can be a lot of walking for a four-year-old. Try the water parks, they have special kids' play areas and loads for him to do. Plan mid-day breaks to wind down. Be sure to teach him to go to a CM if they get separated [CMs wear white name tags*]. Take a picture of him with a digital camera every morning in whatever he's wearing that day, if she gets lost it'll help the CMs find him.

* Any guest can buy a name tag that looks like you work there, but only CMs have white ones. I have a name tag and often get people asking directions and telling their kids to "find someone with a nametag like this man" if they get lost. Then they get mad at me when I point out that any child-molester or freak can readily buy a coloured name tag and that CMs and only CMs have white ones! :shrug:

Upvote 0

kybred72

Make sure to set a pace he can handle. The parks can be a lot of walking for a four-year-old. Try the water parks, they have special kids' play areas and loads for him to do. Plan mid-day breaks to wind down. Be sure to teach him to go to a CM if they get separated [CMs wear white name tags*]. Take a picture of him with a digital camera every morning in whatever he's wearing that day, if she gets lost it'll help the CMs find him.

* Any guest can buy a name tag that looks like you work there, but only CMs have white ones. I have a name tag and often get people asking directions and telling their kids to "find someone with a nametag like this man" if they get lost. Then they get mad at me when I point out that any child-molester or freak can readily buy a coloured name tag and that CMs and only CMs have white ones! :shrug:

I LOVE this advice! Esp about taking a pic of your child b/f heading the parks! Will be heeding this advice in Sept! thank you

Upvote 0

Jessie&Buzz

My son was almost 4 when we were there in Dec. He loved riding Buzz Lightyear. He also enjoyed the character meals. My biggest advice is don't push it with the characters. My son didn't want to see all of them. We let him pick and choose which ones he wanted pics with. It worked out well.

We had these for on his shoes. http://www.whosshoesid.com/ I put them under the velcro so you really couldn't see it but he knew that he was to show a CM if we got lost. I had my cell # on it so they could easily locate us.

Upvote 0

parker kim

Think about useing a stroller even for a 4 year old it really helps alot with all the walking done. There so many things he will love buzz lightyear problely the most.

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Plan ahead for the various parks you will be visiting. While she would know things that probably interest him and will plan accordingly, from a travel book or video, have him pick out a ride or event for the day. That way he feels like he is planning the day.

Don't know if the visit is for his birthday, but if it is, get him a birthday pin first thing!

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Plan ahead for the various parks you will be visiting. While she would know things that probably interest him and will plan accordingly, from a travel book or video, have him pick out a ride or event for the day. That way he feels like he is planning the day.

Don't know if the visit is for his birthday, but if it is, get him a birthday pin first thing!

My kids always loved the Birnbaum book WDW for kids, by kids. Its a great way to plan for a trip.

Upvote 0

Jessie&Buzz

Think about useing a stroller even for a 4 year old it really helps alot with all the walking done.

Yes, we used our stroller. I didn't think he would want to ride since he fights us at the mall. He was more than happy to have it. Ours isn't too big but an umbrella stroller would work for a child that age. They sell them in the resort gift shops and I saw them right outside the MK for $40.

Upvote 0

eroyee

:wave: Mickeys Toontown fair, Pooh, Dumbo, IASW, Buzz, Chef Mickeys, Playhouse Disney, Lego store at DTD, etc. Lots and lots to do.........

Upvote 0

Kristamouse

I have a 2 and 3 year old and have been taking them since they were 18m and 3.5 months. WDW is wonderful with kids!
My best advice is BABY WIPES!!! Take the whole tub, works great for sticky hands and faces, stains on shirts, cooling off, wiping off counter service meal tables etc... I am alway being asked for some form adults in line at CS and gladly pass them out. One family was very greatful when thier 6 year old was sick in Pinnoccio's Village House. Put them in ziploc bags if the tub is to big for daily park trips.
Oh and our Chicco stroller is great for bigger older kids. It fold like a trad. umbrella stroller but has a rain cover and a strap and slip cover for carrying on your shoulder. A great help for the busses, she can keep a hold on him and have her other arm free for bags.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom