Going to Disney World Alone (Sort of)

Sammy5150

My wife has a work trip Planned for October 5-8 (Sunday-Wednesday). I will be going with her and we are staying at the Embassy Suites Lake Buena Vista. We just got home from our trip with the kids today, drove down and back from Pennsylvania. We stayed the first three nights at the same hotel, we were not thrilled, not very clean, service was below par compared to all Embassy's we have stayed at in the past.

I digress.... She will be working Sunday-Wednesday, we will be staying through Saturday (last 3 nights at Hilton Bonnet Creek). We have park hopper plus annual passes. We will have Wednesday-Saturday afternoon to do Disney together. I will have a rental car to get around. My questions are these:

1. What do I do while she is working?
Where do I go?
2. Where do I eat dinner while she is eating with work people?
3. Will I look weird sitting at a park all day watching people?
4. Does anybody want to hang out while I'm there?
5. What about our 3 full days together?
I am thinking Food & Wine with her one day in Epcot. Thursday???
6. Three dinners together, where should we eat?

Any suggestions would be awesome!

CrazyDisneyLady

1. Go to the parks by yourself and do what ever you want to...not having to worry what anyone else wants to do
2. It is a lot easier to get a walk in reservation of 1.. Or eat quick serve..again eat where ever you want to maybe you have a fav but your DW hates it
3. No they don't know you are alone, plus who cares are you e er going to see these people again, plus people strike up conversations all the time you will have plenty of people to talk to
4. I would if I was there those dates I am Sept 14-21 solo trip
5. I would enjoy a full day at MK and Epcot and then half days at the other 2 ....or full days at your 2 faves
6. You will have to see what is still available for those nights or just try for walk ups

Have fun and enjoy there is nothing wrong with touring by yourself you most likely will enjoy it

Upvote 0

smk

My husband did this a few years ago, I was in meeting and he was with a co-workers husband who he may or may not have had much in common. He spent one day just relaxing at the resort and the other days resort hopping. He did not go to the parks until I went with him, we had tickets thru my conference that were good for entry after 2 PM. So, we had dinner each night, once at Epcot for the F&W festival. The other nights we just went to MK, it is our happy place together. After the meetings were over we went to the MNSSHP, our first time, and we have been hooked ever since!

Upvote 0

Sammy5150

Original Poster
I
My husband did this a few years ago, I was in meeting and he was with a co-workers husband who he may or may not have had much in common. He spent one day just relaxing at the resort and the other days resort hopping. He did not go to the parks until I went with him, we had tickets thru my conference that were good for entry after 2 PM. So, we had dinner each night, once at Epcot for the F&W festival. The other nights we just went to MK, it is our happy place together. After the meetings were over we went to the MNSSHP, our first time, and we have been hooked ever since!

I love the resort hopping idea! I have no relax at the resort when I am at Disney however. Thanks for the ideas.

Upvote 0

travelgip

1. What do I do while she is working?
Where do I go? -
Anywhere you want! Do anything you like. Ride the monorail and check out all of the resort hotels. Go to the parks and people-watch. Go to the pool or take resort launches to check out the various resorts (the ones not on the monorail loop) Take out a little power boat (Mouseboats, I think they're called.

2. Where do I eat dinner while she is eating with work people?
Anywhere and anything you like. Try a Turkey leg. It takes forever for one person to eat!

3. Will I look weird sitting at a park all day watching people?
No, you won't. But you may enjoy watching the families who are not getting along or children who are freaking out and be grateful they are not yours! Any why would you just sit there? Take in the parades, go on the attractions you like.

4. Does anybody want to hang out while I'm there?
Can't, sorry

5. What about our 3 full days together?
If she is anything like me, she will be telling you what she wants to do!

I am thinking Food & Wine with her one day in Epcot. Thursday??? GOOD
6. Three dinners together, where should we eat?
Depends on what you like. Splurge and take her to Victoria & Alberts in the Grand Floridian for dinner. Go to a dinner show or even a character meal.

MOST IMPORTANT THING TO REMEMBER - HAVE FUN!!!!!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom