Going solo for 2 days, which park would you choose.

mroman

Hi all, I'm going to be staying at All-Star Movies for 2 nights 8/3-8/5 and had planned on going into one park (no park hopping). I was wondering which park would you choose and why. I've been to WDW dozens and dozens of times and I'm leaning towards Magic Kingdom because of the feeling you get apart from all the other parks. Not to mention more of my favorite rides are here as well.
I'd like to hear other's opinions and what other suggestions you might have.

Thanks!

snakeislandboy

If I could spend 2 days in a park solo, I think It would have to be Epcot. The whole learning and exploring is something I've wanted to do a lot, but I'm always with other people who don't want to slow down. I say go to the park that you love the most.

Upvote 0

Capt. Salty

Awesome!!! Well, regardless of where you go, just have fun! If it were me, I'd choose the Animal Kingdom park. As much as I love the MK, I just love the themeing, ambiance, and mood of AK. There's sooo much to do there, as well.
Enjoy your "mini-vacation!":wave:

Upvote 0

Chezman1399

If I was on my own for two days it would be MK day 1, Epcot day 2. MK is my favorite park, and Epcot is one of the most relaxing places in the world.

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

Hi all, I'm going to be staying at All-Star Movies for 2 nights 8/3-8/5 and had planned on going into one park (no park hopping). I was wondering which park would you choose and why. I've been to WDW dozens and dozens of times and I'm leaning towards Magic Kingdom because of the feeling you get apart from all the other parks. Not to mention more of my favorite rides are here as well.
I'd like to hear other's opinions and what other suggestions you might have.

Thanks!
MK - more rides & attractions
Epcot - can actually feel like 2 parks in one if you also visit the WS
MGM - more shows
AK - even though I like AK, I would not pick it if I had just one day at WDW
:D :wave:

Upvote 0

lilclerk

If I was on my own for two days it would be MK day 1, Epcot day 2. MK is my favorite park, and Epcot is one of the most relaxing places in the world.

You took the words right out of my mouth =)
I went to Disneyland alone and it was the most relaxing trip I've ever taken. I'd go to WDW alone in a heartbeat just to explore every bit of Epcot I can, but I'd have to see Wishes! and ride Splash.

Upvote 0

mroman

Original Poster
I agree with those saying Epcot, so much to see there and you can explore more when you're on your own. I'll keep it in mind since my goal is to keep my costs down by only going into a park 1 day. Heck I might bite the bullet and get a 2 day no hop pass.

Upvote 0

Jessie&Buzz

I would be hitting MK for sure. I'm not sure about the other park. While I like Epcot it's not my favorite. I also like MGM. I would probably go to Epcot just for the food! lol

Upvote 0
It would be a toss up between Magic Kingdom and Epcot..There is so much to do in both parks. But, Magic Kingdom "IS" Disney. It has all the MAGIC!! Thats where it all began. It would be a tough decision....Where ever you choose, I'm sure you'll have a great time...:wave:

Upvote 0

mroman

Original Poster
This is the first time going solo so I do hope I run into some other fellow solo travelers, it would be refreshing to hear what they enjoy most from their whole experience.

Upvote 0

Nemo14

I'd get the park hopper option, take advantage of the morning EMH at AK on the 4th to ride Everest and the Safari, then head over to MK for the majority of the day, then over to Epcot at night. By going solo, you can take advantage of single rider lines and basically do everything you wamt at your own pace, which is bound to be faster than a group's. The next morning you could sleep in and spend the day exploring other resorts or even DTD.

Have a geat trip!

Upvote 0

EMThompsen

I agree with Chezman. & since you're going solo you can use the single rider line. That might give you time to do more than one park, Like MK & Epcot. But if I had to choose one & only one I guess it would be MK

Upvote 0

jjgoo

Having experience in this myself I would also suggest getting the park hopper option.

I had three days and I did a great amount of all 4 parks in those days using the hopping option. Basically I made good use of EMH, the fact that MK and Epcot are open later and that is you skip some shows and some more bland parts (conservation station) of AK and MGM you can really do it all. I split one day between AK (closes at 5) and MK (had extra magic hours til 1am) and MGM and Epcot and then the third day I went back to MK.

If you are still stuck on one park (to each his own) I say go for MK. You like it the best (as you said) it's open more hours, you get fireworks and better parades. If you do two I would then do Epcot the second day (I just simply love Epcot)

Have fun!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Disney_Freak429

I've done solo time at EPCOT it's very relaxing doing it alone. I felt like I wasn't trying to please anyone but myself and was able to look around and enjoy things and take it easy. The only reason I wouldn't chose MK for a one day solo trip is at MK I always feel like there is more to do because of the layout of the park ect. It can fell very crowded at time & when your alone this can get on your nerves a lot quicker when you have no one else there to talk with. So really I would pick a park that is more open in space & not MK. Wherever you go enjoy your alone time at the park it can be a lot more relaxing than going with other people sometimes.

Upvote 0

mroman

Original Poster
I'll be arriving on Friday around 11am so I'm hoping that I can get out to MK sometime by 1. I found out that the MK will be open until 3am due to the extra magic hours so I don't have to rush since I'll have more than 12 hours for MK. I'm thinking I'll go to Epcot the next day as well.

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

Go where you want.

Don't mean it to be snotty. You know you better than we do, and it is your vacation, so if you love MK the most, then there's no discussion.

Personally, if it were me, I'd get the hopper option, only because, no matter which park I chose, after the day ended, I'd think that I really would've preferred going to park X to ride Attraction Y. Park hopper eliminates that. Even if I wound up spending 905 of my time in one park, being able to then hop over to another one for one of my favorite rides before the park closes or I collapse from exhaustion would be too damn tempting.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom