Going Seasonal advice

kcw

so one more question- i'm sure you all know by now that I'm going down in about a month, but exactly who do I call to give them my availability? I found some of my old contact cards- I have a number for Labor Operations/Global Scheduling, a different number for the Global Character Base with an option to press 4 for Global Scheduling (which I'm assuming would lead me to the same place as the first number), and then there's something about Requesting an Availability Change for Seasonal or Part Time CMs on the portal..... who has actually done this and can give me a number?? I'd rather talk to someone than submit a request on the portal if possible... and what are the chances that they'd let you request certain locations?? :lol:

after reading this I realized I just made that very confusing. I know I need to call Scheduling... but does each department have their own scheduling department?

Captain Hank

I'd say to start calling some of those numbers and see if one of them is right. If not, see if the people on the other end can point you in the right direction.

figmentmom

so one more question- i'm sure you all know by now that I'm going down in about a month, but exactly who do I call to give them my availability? I found some of my old contact cards- I have a number for Labor Operations/Global Scheduling, a different number for the Global Character Base with an option to press 4 for Global Scheduling (which I'm assuming would lead me to the same place as the first number), and then there's something about Requesting an Availability Change for Seasonal or Part Time CMs on the portal..... who has actually done this and can give me a number?? I'd rather talk to someone than submit a request on the portal if possible... and what are the chances that they'd let you request certain locations?? :lol:

after reading this I realized I just made that very confusing. I know I need to call Scheduling... but does each department have their own scheduling department?

I'm going back this July for a few weeks - this will be my third summer as a Seasonal CM(in Attractions in Fantasyland). I looooooove my job!

Call the Labor Operations number you have, explain your situation and what you would like to do, and then, if that person can't help you, ask him or her to give you the phone number of someone who CAN. (I personally would not go through the portal, just because I'm far more comfortable talking to a real live person!) :wave:

sandicinderelli

um.... in my case, you don't... haha i'm from AZ, so the cost of flying out there, and getting a hotel room, far surpasses what I'm going to make while I'm donwn there. :shrug: But I didn't do the CP to make money, and I surely didn't stay seasonal to make money.... so i'm just saving up this summer and it will be completely worth it!!!!

I wanted to go seasonal after I did my CP this past spring, but because of the high ticket prices from Texas, I didn't think it was worth all the trouble just to work for a week. I'd be putting a lot of money out, but getting little in return. So it didn't make sense to me.

If I lived in Georgia or Louisiana, I'd be more inclinded to go seasonal at WDW. I really would like to see if I could go seasonal at Disneyland, but I haven't been there in such a long time.

kcw

I wanted to go seasonal after I did my CP this past spring, but because of the high ticket prices from Texas, I didn't think it was worth all the trouble just to work for a week. I'd be putting a lot of money out, but getting little in return. So it didn't make sense to me.

If I lived in Georgia or Louisiana, I'd be more inclinded to go seasonal at WDW. I really would like to see if I could go seasonal at Disneyland, but I haven't been there in such a long time.

ya for sure- tickets from AZ are absolutely ridiculous!! I think I'll only make back about a third of what I spend to go out there! haha Yes seasonal at Disneyland would be great (seeing as it's only a 5 hour drive from me and I go ALL THE TIME!) but they deal with seasonal CMs differently (only certain roles can be seasonal) and there's no way to transfer, I'd have to reaudition and do everything all over again

Mecha Figment

tickets still aren't cheap from here in Georgia and it's about an 8 hour drive.

MerHearted

How do you gain seasonal status? Is there anyway you can just get it and be able to work whenever you're available? Or are you forced to work full-time for a period? I would love to be seasonal and get the flexibility it provides, but I can't devote to being full-time.

kcw

How do you gain seasonal status? Is there anyway you can just get it and be able to work whenever you're available? Or are you forced to work full-time for a period? I would love to be seasonal and get the flexibility it provides, but I can't devote to being full-time.

I believe that you can hire in under a seasonal status, but I believe that is only limited to certain jobs! Good luck!

bsummer

For you KCW...it will be 1-407-939-5226. Then option 2 then 5 then 1!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom