Going in May

LIMA TIME

I wanted to ask you folks on your thoughts on going to Disney world the first week in May? It seems like the crowds would be fairly low, since spring breaks will be over and school will still in session. My family has been a ton, but never at that time of year. Any thoughts or feed back would be great. Thanks

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Great time to go. The weather is not too hot and the crowds are much less than during spring break and summer. There are few, if any, large tour groups, but it is a popular time for local schoolchildren (middle school and younger) to be on class field trips. The school groups are well-organized and chaperoned, so no worries.

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Flower & Garden is our favorite time at Epcot. Everything is so colorful and beautiful, and there are lots of demonstrations and tips for gardeners. Also, a butterfly house and nifty playground for little ones!

The concerts can be fun also, if you're into oldies music.

This is the first year with food booths. We will be interested to see if they add/detract from our experience.

Upvote 0
We went the first weekend in May last year, and we're going the first weekend in May this year! It's a great time to go - the longest we waited for a ride was 40 minutes, and that was for Toy Story Mania (40 minutes!) The weather is fantastic, too, and as others have mentioned, the Flower & Garden festival is lovely. Alas, you'll still need ADRs for nearly everything, but that's the way it goes these days.

Upvote 0

ImagineerDude

Ooh I'm very interested in everyone's replies as well. We will be going next May (the 2nd through the 6th-ish) for my Sweet 16 in Disney with the Expedition Everest Challenge :D

Upvote 0

ImagineerDude

We went the first weekend in May last year, and we're going the first weekend in May this year! It's a great time to go - the longest we waited for a ride was 40 minutes, and that was for Toy Story Mania (40 minutes!) The weather is fantastic, too, and as others have mentioned, the Flower & Garden festival is lovely. Alas, you'll still need ADRs for nearly everything, but that's the way it goes these days.
40 minutes?!?!?! That's amazing!

Upvote 0

Pooh Lover

It is a good time of year to go, especially during Flower & Garden. The weather will be hot but not oppressively so and the crowds are much better than June-August but more crowded than early Fall. We really like May but have come to like September even more. Have a great vacation!

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
It is a good time of year to go, especially during Flower & Garden. The weather will be hot but not oppressively so and the crowds are much better than June-August but more crowded than early Fall. We really like May but have come to like September even more. Have a great vacation!
We found September to be oppressively hot with more rain. Prefer May.

Upvote 0

DisneyPrincess5

I wouldn't call it a "low crowd" time. But it isn't a bad time! :)
I agree. We used to go the first week of May and everyone raved about it. The truth is it was crowded as sin and hot as sin. There were so many school groups and school ages kids with families. We will not be returning at that time again!

Upvote 0

diznyboyz

We have been going the last week of May because my sons are out of school by then (their first week off). To tell you the truth, even the end of May is not that bad. The only thing is there is usually at least one rain storm during each day we are there but the storm is not bad and not long. Just cools off everything. Whether the beginning of May or the end of May just go and enjoy!!! A lot of groups from schools are usually getting to disney when we are leaving (brazilian soccer team last year).... 35 days to go:p

Upvote 0

reptar77

I wanted to ask you folks on your thoughts on going to Disney world the first week in May? It seems like the crowds would be fairly low, since spring breaks will be over and school will still in session. My family has been a ton, but never at that time of year. Any thoughts or feed back would be great. Thanks

We have been going this week for the last 10yrs. We will be there May 2-11. The crowds are really not bad at all and you can generally walk up to most restaurants without trouble. SSSHHHHHH don't tell anyone

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom