Going from MK to HS back to MK

jaygatsby

We are going to MK, but also want to go to TSL. The only TSL FP we could get was Alien Swirling Saucers at 6:30 pm. Would it be possible or worth it to leave MK go to TSL and then go back to MK for HEA? If it is worth it when would you suggest leaving MK? When would we have to leave HS to get back to MK in time for fireworks? HEA is at 9:15 the night we are there by the way. Thanks for any advice!

JoMarch

You could definitely do it - but it will be cutting it very close. Maybe to shorten the bus travel time, you could utilize the "Minnie Van" service.

Upvote 0

Driver

You should allow a full hour of travel time each way. This is not just for the actual transportation but you still need to walk in and out of the parks, security and ticket into each park.

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

Cancel your Alien fastpass. Go to Hollywood Studios first thing in the morning and rope drop it instead. Get your three fastpasses for Magic Kingdom.

Then, it's just one trip from DHS to MK rather than a back-and-forth. Plus you make full use of your FPs.

Upvote 0

crawale

We are going to MK, but also want to go to TSL. The only TSL FP we could get was Alien Swirling Saucers at 6:30 pm. Would it be possible or worth it to leave MK go to TSL and then go back to MK for HEA? If it is worth it when would you suggest leaving MK? When would we have to leave HS to get back to MK in time for fireworks? HEA is at 9:15 the night we are there by the way. Thanks for any advice!
You could go from MK to Boardwalk, Beach Club or Swan and Dolphin and then walk from there - probably quicker.

Upvote 0

DarthVader

Sith Lord
You could go from MK to Boardwalk, Beach Club or Swan and Dolphin
Maybe I'm missing something but those are not anywhere near walkable distances to Magic Kingdom. Google wouldn't even give me walking times/map. The bike ride shows a 5 mile distance between MK and Boardwalk.
2018-07-06_06-49-58.png

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Maybe I'm missing something but those are not anywhere near walkable distances to Magic Kingdom. Google wouldn't even give me walking times/map. The bike ride shows a 5 mile distance between MK and Boardwalk.
View attachment 294299
I believe the poster was suggesting taking the bus from MK to Boardwalk/Swan/Dolphin or Yacht/Beach and then walking from one of those resorts to DHS. Which is why I mentioned that there is a direct bus from MK to DHS ~ much easier and faster than bus-to-resort and walk. (Which can be absolutely horrid when it is HOT or raining.)

Upvote 0

JohnD

This plan would be more reasonable between MK and Epcot because connected by the monorail. Or Epcot and HS, assuming boat service is operating from the Int'l gateway or take a 15 minute walk between the two. Bus transportation between MK and HS would take up lots of your time. But if HS and MK, I'd follow the advice of starting off in HS and ending in MK.

Upvote 0

Bairstow

I believe the poster was suggesting taking the bus from MK to Boardwalk/Swan/Dolphin or Yacht/Beach and then walking from one of those resorts to DHS. Which is why I mentioned that there is a direct bus from MK to DHS ~ much easier and faster than bus-to-resort and walk. (Which can be absolutely horrid when it is HOT or raining.)
Agreed. The walk from any of the EPCOT resort bus stops to the Studios is well over 3/4 of a mile. I've done it a couple times for the heck of it, but unless you're already at one of those resorts (or actually run) it's never going to save you any time.

Upvote 0

jaygatsby

Original Poster
Thanks for all the advice! I think that we’ll probably rope drop if anything. I’m just worried that it’s going to make for a crazy long day— in late July heat. We’d be up at 5:30 and would be in the parks until 10 or 11. If we RD then we’d probably want to take a break midday. However, we’re staying offsite and we wouldn’t want to go all the way back to our hotel. Anyone have some suggestions about what to do? Could we go somewhere on the monorail loop to rest and relax inside? If we eat, we’ll probably just want a quick service.

Upvote 0

JohnyKaz2078

Thanks for all the advice! I think that we’ll probably rope drop if anything. I’m just worried that it’s going to make for a crazy long day— in late July heat. We’d be up at 5:30 and would be in the parks until 10 or 11. If we RD then we’d probably want to take a break midday. However, we’re staying offsite and we wouldn’t want to go all the way back to our hotel. Anyone have some suggestions about what to do? Could we go somewhere on the monorail loop to rest and relax inside? If we eat, we’ll probably just want a quick service.

You could! The Resort Monorail serves the Grand Floridian, Polynesian and the Contemporary resorts. The Contemporary is the best and you can relax very easily inside the long alley. I would suggest going there when the afternoon rain arrives so you won't be in the park when the weather is bad.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom