Going between WL and FW Campsites

Glasgow

Ok, we're booked at WL and my folks will be at the campsites .. would like to know all the tips and tricks for going between the two locations other than riding the buses. I know there is a trail that connects the two resorts but it seems like a pretty good walk for the kids. What do you guys think? Thanks!

luv

I don't think it is a very long walk. I don't know how old your kids are, but most kids could easily walk over to the Fort. You walk a lot more in the parks, that is for sure!

There is a boat you could take, too. :)

Upvote 0

MaryJaneP

If things have changed since we did it, please never mind my discouragement. We were visiting a friend at FW and we were staying at CR. This was back in the days of Grad Nights and we got stranded at FW because they stopped all boats and buses at like 7 PM. We decided we could trek through the woods to WL and then walk to CR from there. There was no paved walkway, no lights, and no signs (it was dark so we probably couldn't have read them anyway). It was NOT the way we wanted to get "Home". Eventually made it but we would not recommend it to anyone. Again, hopefully things have changed and it is better than it was. No more walking between FW and WL for us. We'll use the boats and ask when they stop running.

Upvote 0

Skibum1970

Path is just over half a mile from WL to FW. Plus, the boats work and run well into the night. I am not sure that the path is lit up an night and thus the boats will be a better option in that regard.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom