Going back to WDW...some questions

Courtney1188

This year I'm having my two closest together WDW trips ever! Just went in ate April and was super bummed that the Wizarding World wasn't yet open over at IOA. Well, we got my dad tickets to WWoHP for Father's Day (thanks to much convincing on my part...it was what he wanted but my mom kept telling him no). Well, now my mom has made a complete turnaround and told him to plan whatever he wants, which of course means that is addition to IOA/US we will be visiting...Disney!

We're planning on a late August/early September trip to take advantage of free dining. Just had a few questions for those who have been there around this time. He wanted some more opinions.

1. We'll be staying at a value resort. Do you think it's worth the extra $200 to upgrade to the normal dining plan, rather than the counter-service plan?

2. Is it crazy busy the week before Labor Day? I'm sure it's calmer after Labor Day when school starts back up, but this isn't an option because my mom works in a school.

3. This is more of a WWoHP question, but...are there really that many people who are unable to fit into the FJ seats? I know my brother and myself will be fine, but am a bit worried about my parents. My mom would feel like crap appearance-wise and my dad will be devastated about missing out on the ride if either cannot fit in the seats.

rainfully

1. That depends on your Disney dining style... do you usually just quick service it or do you like to enjoy a sit-down meal? I have done both... I was surprised by how hard it was to spent the snack credits with the quick service plan... you definitely won't go hungry with either plan... but just be aware that you're already cutting it pretty close with ADR's for the dreaded Free Dining Time... it can be near impossible to get into restaurants then!

2. It will probably be pretty busy with factoring both free dining, and people getting in their last minute Disney fix.

3. I'm a little bit above average size, and had absolutely no problems with the Harry Potter restraints. I didn't even notice how it could be a problem for people of size, but then again I was so excited I didn't even notice that kinda thing! :lol:

Hope you have fun!

Upvote 0

UberPlannerMom

This year I'm having my two closest together WDW trips ever! Just went in ate April and was super bummed that the Wizarding World wasn't yet open over at IOA. Well, we got my dad tickets to WWoHP for Father's Day (thanks to much convincing on my part...it was what he wanted but my mom kept telling him no). Well, now my mom has made a complete turnaround and told him to plan whatever he wants, which of course means that is addition to IOA/US we will be visiting...Disney!

We're planning on a late August/early September trip to take advantage of free dining. Just had a few questions for those who have been there around this time. He wanted some more opinions.

1. We'll be staying at a value resort. Do you think it's worth the extra $200 to upgrade to the normal dining plan, rather than the counter-service plan?

We love the dining plan because having ADRs means we are guaranteed to slow down for an hour. Without them we would end up running ourselves in to the ground! That said, if you don't want to deal with ADR's then stick with the quick serve plan. At least that was you can get two drinks without paying out of pocket (as a snack.)

And congrats on the trip!

Upvote 0

2. Is it crazy busy the week before Labor Day? I'm sure it's calmer after Labor Day when school starts back up, but this isn't an option because my mom works in a school.

3. This is more of a WWoHP question, but...are there really that many people who are unable to fit into the FJ seats? I know my brother and myself will be fine, but am a bit worried about my parents. My mom would feel like crap appearance-wise and my dad will be devastated about missing out on the ride if either cannot fit in the seats.

We voted to upgrade. We're going for 11 nights and 11x$14 (with tax) upgrade = $154. Total. For Snack, Lunch and Dinner. Sounds awesome to me!

Don't know about Labor Day - the weekend itself I hear is crazy, but unsure about the weeks running up to it. Go to your local Barnes and Noble or Borders and read up on it in the Walt Disney World Travel Guide :)

My best friend's boyfriend is 6'7 and 350 lbs. When we suggested going to Disney, he told us the following: Anything with a harness won't work because I'm too tall. And even if I wasn't, I don't know if it would drop far enough in over my gut.

So that's any rides that go upside down might not work...and just to be safe, I would ask the ride operators before hand just to make sure you feel comfortable...

:)

Upvote 0

harveyt0206

One other issue you might want to consider when choosing whether or not to upgrade the dining plan is the availability of ADRs at this late date. It might be difficult getting into the restaurants that you want due to free dining. At least with the counter service plan you can choose where and when you want to eat vs. taking whatever might be left during your travel dates.

Just a thought. :wave: Have a great trip with your family.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom