Godzilla: The Ride

gzilla46

Original Poster
I am a huge Godzilla fan, so I feel it's about time we get a ride at Disneyland about The Big G. Here is how I think it should go down. And with the upcoming American reboot coming soon, It's a good idea.

Godzilla: the Ride is a hybrid ride combining special roving motion vehicles with 3-D projection, elaborate physical sets, and both practical and tactile effects.

This system was used in The Amazing Adventures of Spiderman ride at Universal Studios, and is expected to be used on the Transformers ride currently under construction at Universal Studios Hollywood and Universal Studios Singapore.

The ride also features physical effects, such as Mothra flying by the ride vehicle and releasing a powder effect.

Plot

Can you guys please help me come up with a plot for the ride. It has to involve Godzilla rampaging in the city and feature 2 other monsters, MechaGodzilla and Mothra.

What do you think so far?

goofy donald

I am a huge Godzilla fan, so I feel it's about time we get a ride at Disneyland about The Big G. Here is how I think it should go down. And with the upcoming American reboot coming soon, It's a good idea.

What do you think so far?

point blank, Godzilla and Disney is *NEVER* ever ever ever a good idea. it doesn't even belong at universal due to the Jurassic park similarities.

comics101

lol (this is where you defend your point somehow to discuss why this may be the case :animwink:) I have offered some reasons why it shouldn't exist, what are some reasons it should?

Wait, what are the reasons it shouldn't exist? You offered a reason as to why it shouldn't exist at Uni (one which I disagree with I might add) but you haven't offered any reasons as to why Disney+Godzilla=Bad Idea...

Personally, I think a Godzilla attraction in Epcot World Showcase would add some variety to an area of a park that desperately needs it. You could start your journey on a tram through Tokyo, when all of a sudden, "RAAAAAAWR!" Godzilla attacks! Yeeeeah...anywho, I suppose the plot is really just a copy of USF's Kongfrontation, but that's ok.

With a change in setting (San Francisco?), the attraction could work well in DHS, and give the park a much needed E-ticket.

goofy donald

Wait, what are the reasons it shouldn't exist? You offered a reason as to why it shouldn't exist at Uni (one which I disagree with I might add) but you haven't offered any reasons as to why Disney+Godzilla=Bad Idea...

Personally, I think a Godzilla attraction in Epcot World Showcase would add some variety to an area of a park that desperately needs it. You could start your journey on a tram through Tokyo, when all of a sudden, "RAAAAAAWR!" Godzilla attacks! Yeeeeah...anywho, I suppose the plot is really just a copy of USF's Kongfrontation, but that's ok.

With a change in setting (San Francisco?), the attraction could work well in DHS, and give the park a much needed E-ticket.

1) its films are not family friendly, and filled with over the top gore and terror
2) its as a rule of rather low cinematic quality in the Japanese versions and of general poor quality in the american one
3) outdoor thrill rides would ruin the skyline and serine atmosphere of the world showcase
4) a ride would most likely be based on the american film as opposed to the Japanese one which would be insulting to the Japanese and the fans who appreciated and created the film franchise
5) New York was Godzilla's only American destination, he never went to San Francisco and even then there's not enough room in the streets of america for this kind of an attraction.
6) its the less important little cousin of king kong and they removed him at universal Orlando for something more
7) (most importantly) why would they ever make a ride about a movie from 2004 that came out to bad reviews and insulted a films fan base?

think that about covers the major points

comics101

1) its films are not family friendly, and filled with over the top gore and terror
2) its as a rule of rather low cinematic quality in the Japanese versions and of general poor quality in the american one
3) outdoor thrill rides would ruin the skyline and serine atmosphere of the world showcase
4) a ride would most likely be based on the american film as opposed to the Japanese one which would be insulting to the Japanese and the fans who appreciated and created the film franchise
5) New York was Godzilla's only American destination, he never went to San Francisco and even then there's not enough room in the streets of america for this kind of an attraction.
6) its the less important little cousin of king kong and they removed him at universal Orlando for something more
7) (most importantly) why would they ever make a ride about a movie from 2004 that came out to bad reviews and insulted a films fan base?

think that about covers the major points

I must admit those aren't terrible points lol

They still don't have me convinced though...for starters, if a Godzilla attraction was ever built in WS, I would hope they'd base it on the very popular and very Japanese Godzilla films, not the American one, low quality or not. I'd also add the attraction uses Uni's Spiderman tech, meaning it'll be completely indoors (made to look outdoors of course). As for gore, didn't Alien feature quite a bit of blood and guts? Yet it leaves a pretty deep impression during a rather intense sequence in GMR. Alien Encounter was very, very frightening too (and if I'm not mistaken, didn't guests get sprayed with "blood" when some maintenance guy was attacked? I could be remembering it wrong). Even so, I would hope an attraction in a Disney park would not feature gore and guts and blood, and I would hold Godzilla to that standard if it were built.

As for San Fran, I think the American version maybe took place there? Idk I haven't seen it in forever (thank goodness :lol:). I just assumed it was based on a story told by the Japanese, if it'd fit better on NY Street that works too...

goofy donald

I must admit those aren't terrible points lol

They still don't have me convinced though...for starters, if a Godzilla attraction was ever built in WS, I would hope they'd base it on the very popular and very Japanese Godzilla films, not the American one, low quality or not. I'd also add the attraction uses Uni's Spiderman tech, meaning it'll be completely indoors (made to look outdoors of course). As for gore, didn't Alien feature quite a bit of blood and guts? Yet it leaves a pretty deep impression during a rather intense sequence in GMR. Alien Encounter was very, very frightening too (and if I'm not mistaken, didn't guests get sprayed with "blood" when some maintenance guy was attacked? I could be remembering it wrong). Even so, I would hope an attraction in a Disney park would not feature gore and guts and blood, and I would hold Godzilla to that standard if it were built.

As for San Fran, I think the American version maybe took place there? Idk I haven't seen it in forever (thank goodness :lol:). I just assumed it was based on a story told by the Japanese, if it'd fit better on NY Street that works too...

point blank there is never a ride made about a failure of a movie that's ten years old, or about a foreign film franchise mainly based around stop motion from the mid 70's, there is just no draw. there is also no room for this in streets of america as discussed before (the american version took place in new york). as for japan, world showcase should have culturally based informative rides not those which instill stereotypes and dont teach anything about the culture.

Bob Saget

Not sure how I'd like a Godzilla theme at Disney, but I'm surprised the monster hasn't gotten more recognition in the theme park world as a whole. The Six Flags chain has several Goliaths, rightfully named for some of their tall hypercoasters. Universal has had several ride adaptaions for King Kong. So why not give the G-Man a signature ride of his own at a major park chain?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom