Trip Report Go With The Flow...It's Spring Break, You Know! *COMPLETED*

Attention all planners (you know who you are!) ~ it is actually possible to have an excellent WDW vacation without following a pre-determined day-by-day (or minute-by-minute for you micro-planners) schedule. Even when it means missing the MK Welcome Show three times (*sigh*) or Wishes (gasp!) Even when you get stuck on a monorail for an hour and fifteen minutes. Or have to wait 40 minutes in the Main Street Starbucks and you aren't getting coffee (or even a snack).

Did you know it is possible to score a same-day ADR for dinner at Garden Grill (at a decent dinner hour)? Or snag a pre-park opening breakfast at Crystal Palace the night before? I wouldn't either, had we stuck to my plan.

Now some advance planning is always necessary, especially during the busy Spring Break period. And we are spring break veterans (having survived Easter week a few times!) so we know what to expect. That's why it was especially hard for me, the planner, to give up/adjust some of our plans and Go With The Flow! (channeling my inner Crush, can you tell?)

Now the details:
April 3-9, 2016
Disney's Polynesian Village Resort

Cast:
Tuvalu and @TrolleyFollower91 (known as Em)
image.jpeg

and our beloved Woody! He makes it possible for our Disney dreams to come true :happy:.
image.jpeg

Goofy is his favorite!

Join us on a fun-filled week of surprises. Did we get to stay in a bungalow? Stay tuned.

image.jpeg

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Before I proceed, I must acknowledge that the fabulous photos in this trip report were taken by Em. If she is in a picture, Woody used her camera. Any pics that seem just "meh" were taken with my old iPhone...point-and-shoot is the extent of my photographic ability, folks! :joyfull:

Here we go...

Sunday, April 3
I wish I knew the secret to sleeping the night before a Disney vacation starts. Every other night of the year I am out as soon as my head hits the pillow. Not the night before we leave! To add insult to injury, we have to get up early to hit the road in order to beat Atlanta traffic. So 4 am comes all too soon when you have spent the night tossing and turning!

This was the first time we have flown to Disney for Spring Break. Naturally the cheapest fare was for a morning flight, so we were pulling out of our driveway in the 5 o'clock hour. We were shocked at how crazy-busy the Atlanta airport was at 6:15 on a Sunday morning! We had a lengthy wait to drop off our luggage and even though we had TSA pre-check (thanks, Woody!) it was still 20 minutes to get through security. Then, for some unknown reason, our 1 hour domestic flight to Orlando was departing from the International Terminal, requiring us to ride the infamous "plane train" to the end of the line.

Our plane was completely full and Delta underestimated the amount of those delectable Biscoff cookies needed to satisfy their passengers...we didn't get any :(. But the pilots got us to MCO safely, and soon we were waiting for our first monorail ride.
image.jpeg

Upon our arrival at Disney's Magical Express we had to wait about 15 minutes for our bus.

Finally!
image.jpeg

Then it was another 15 minutes before the bus whisked us away to the most magical place on earth!

dnylla

I'm looking forward to reading your trip report. I'm a total planner. I have been known to come up with daily itineraries to make sure we see everything we want to :D

But I also try to incorporate flexibility into my planning (I think that's why I'm actually not a fan of how much WDW forces you to pre-plan, especially with fastpass+. I maybe biased though, I prefer Disneyland's approach, it still allows some flexibility) So I'm really curious to read about your going with the flow

kimberlymautz

Following! My dream is to stay at the Poly someday! During my last trip we spent a lot of time there (my friend used to be a lifeguard there!) laying on the hammocks. :)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Aha! So you did stay at the Poly! (But, did you actually stay in one of those new, really expensive, bungalows over the water, or not? ;) ) Next thing, you'll be telling us that you were a guest at the Chef's Table at Victoria & Alberts!! :jawdrop: :p
Patience, my dear @MinnieM123 ;) :p. But I can confirm no Vicki and Al's!

Looking forward to reading! We are staying at the Poly in August!
You will :inlove: it!

Following! My dream is to stay at the Poly someday! During my last trip we spent a lot of time there (my friend used to be a lifeguard there!) laying on the hammocks. :)
Pixie dust that your Poly dream comes true!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom