GNSOAT Poll: Epcot

What is the greatest Epcot Nighttime Spectacular of All-Time?

• Carnival de Lumiere (1982-1983)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A New World Fantasy (1983-1984)

• Harmonious (2021-2023)

• Total voters

vikescaper

I don’t remember the pre-IllumiNations shows and I honestly don’t know if my family ever stayed to watch those. I remember a bit of the original IllumiNations but we would often leave before the finale to beat the crowds. Same goes for IllumiNations 25A/B/98 but I remember much of that show. I was 19 when IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth premiered and everthing was perfect about it (preshow, the main show, and post show). My answer will probably always be I:ROE but I am optimistic about Luminous!

Vinnie Mac

Liked Harmonious (for what it's worth), am a huge supporter of Luminous, but at the end of the day Reflections of Earth was just an absolute beast of a show and i do miss it sometimes. LSoU isn't way too far off in my heart though!

hismattjesty

Without stating my obvious choice, this should be a landslide.............

On that note though, Laserphonic Fantasy was absolutely amazing and revolutionary for it's time. No theme park was using laser technology like Disney was, and as an early teenager, this show was just so cool.

JIMINYCR

RoE… everything was spectacular from beginning to end. The show provided more than expected and held you in awe throughout. It was a masterpiece that made you wish it would not end. No matter how many times we watched it we came back for another evening treat. As much as it was enjoyed by all , Disney should have found a way of letting it continue with an update.

Worldlover71

What was that like???
It was totally by chance back in those pre-internet days when we didn't know every tiny detail in advance! I don't think the term "Nighttime Spectacular" has been coined yet, and it was completely unique to me. As each nation's lights came on, corresponding music played. You didn't know which nation would be next and each one was transformed (the American pavilion became Independence Hall.) Pure Disney magic!

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
I don't have memories of the shows before RoE. I would have watched Illuminations and Illuminations 25 I just have no memory. I couldn't have even named the first 3. Haven't seen Luminous yet. I think many are like me and are only really choosing between RoE and Harmonious, and we know how that's going to go. 😁

The Empress Lilly

20190930_130951.jpg

^^^ The RoE astronaut looking back at Spaceship Earth

With the exception of my DGF (a budding astronaut) and the people I love, and of hearing Bruce Springsteen, I have never seen anything more beautiful in my life than World Showcase during and after RoE.

I've seen many of the older shows in person. But this is the one, RoE is to nightime shows what Horizons is to dark rides. Simply the greatest ever, the one that ties the park together, that gives it heart and soul. Odd to think the very highlight of EPCOT came after the Epcotalypse of the second half of the 90s. RoE did prove EPCOT as a concept wasn't stillborn, as Eisner thought. Nor even dead yet. But more vibrant and profound than ever in the new century (which, as the fans know, began in EPCOT in 1982)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom