Give Up Trying for FOP Fast Pass?

Chef Mickey

Original Poster
I am going June 8 - June 19 and there is not a single one available for FOP. It's the only FP I couldn't get. I just confirmed my plans last week, so not surprised they are gone.

Should I ever bother to check or since there is basically no incentive to cancel (not like $10 fee for cancelling dining) should I just rope drop it and not worry about it?

Update: I have been checking since I posted this thread. It's good and bad news for people hoping to get one for a trip in the next few weeks. I sit at a computer all day, so checking is super easy. Plus, checking on the app is very easy too.

To put how difficult FOP is to get (at least now), we are going Jun 8-18 which gives us 10 days to get a FastPass window. I checked for a FastPass every day we are there at least 40 times/day for the last week. That's like 2800 (40 checks/day * 10 day trip * 7 days of checking) unique times for 7 days that I checked and I was only able to get 2 open times for FOP. I didn't care day, time, anything. If it was there, I would have taken it.

I've gotten really good at checking for them quickly. None of my plans were off limits. If I found FOP, that was the new plan. If you're just casually looking, you'd never think you could get in because it's always unavailable.

I was also able to get Na'vi twice, with still a lot of checking, but not as rare. I actually turned down a few times I saw for Na'Vi due to scheduling conflicts. Since checking for FastPass allows you to check both, I guess you could say I tried equally.

Note, you don't have to check more times during a date you're trying because even if you say "morning" or a specific time, it will suggest other times IF available.

Last edited:

disneygeek90

I've seen a few people on twitter talking about snagging them day of or a few days in advance, so all hope isn't lost but it definitely has a "right place at the right time" feel to it.

I have yet to find any FoP fastpasses at any time 30 days out for AP, however. If all else fails it seems like getting there a little before 7am on a non EMH is your best bet.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
I've seen a few people on twitter talking about snagging them day of or a few days in advance, so all hope isn't lost but it definitely has a "right place at the right time" feel to it.

I have yet to find any FoP fastpasses at any time 30 days out for AP, however. If all else fails it seems like getting there a little before 7am on a non EMH is your best bet.

Yep or doing it during the evening EMH's for Pandora. Heard several that had a much shorter wait for FOP than earlier that morning. Also had friends that did the full wait mid afternoon and said it was totally worth the 2-3 hours they waited. ;)

sjhym333

I am also an AP holder and there have been no FOP FP's at the 30 day mark. I have been watching the app pretty closely and haven't seen any pop up at the last minute. I was in the AK on Thursday and kept refreshing the app but nothing appeared. I will say that while the daytime standby line has been hovering around 3 hours from 8:30 on throughout the day, I have noticed that the standby line has had less of a wait after 8pm or so. Last night it was under 2 hours and Na'vi River at an hour. But if you are staying on property I would take advantage of EMH in the morning or at night.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
I am also an AP holder and there have been no FOP FP's at the 30 day mark. I have been watching the app pretty closely and haven't seen any pop up at the last minute. I was in the AK on Thursday and kept refreshing the app but nothing appeared. I will say that while the daytime standby line has been hovering around 3 hours from 8:30 on throughout the day, I have noticed that the standby line has had less of a wait after 8pm or so. Last night it was under 2 hours and Na'vi River at an hour. But if you are staying on property I would take advantage of EMH in the morning or at night.

I have one, but it took a lot of work to get it.

Lets Respect

What are the lines like at rope drop? Just wondering if it's worth spending all that time searching rather than spending an hour or so in line.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
What are the lines like at rope drop? Just wondering if it's worth spending all that time searching rather than spending an hour or so in line.

It's worth the hour in line for FoP, but I think you have to get to the park by around 7 to get on it quickly. I haven't been at rope drop myself. It's a 145 minute wait right now, and it's only 9:34AM.

ninjaprincesst

I would think cancelations would start popping up because I am hearing that a lot of people are having issues and unable to ride due to being to tall, short, heavy ect.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
I would think cancelations would start popping up because I am hearing that a lot of people are having issues and unable to ride due to being to tall, short, heavy ect.

I would guess that they're not finding out until they're already used the fast pass. The test vehicle that's outside is not really in the best location.

ninjaprincesst

I would guess that they're not finding out until they're already used the fast pass. The test vehicle that's outside is not really in the best location.
I would think word of mouth would cause people to cancel because they don't want to bun a fastpass for a ride they may not be able to get on

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
I would think word of mouth would cause people to cancel because they don't want to bun a fastpass for a ride they may not be able to get on

I would assume 99% of people going to the parks have not been on an internet forum to see it. It's barely being reported in any news.

DisneyFans4Life

My opinion would be to rope drop it and go through the stand by line. Even if you have to wait an hour...going through the queue line is worth it. I went through it on passholder preview and waited about an hour (even though I was with a CM who worked on the ride). I know I would never go through the stand by line again, so figured I would do it that one time.

correcaminos

I think there are less turn aways than you are reading. Plus they wouldn't drop it until they got there to test it out.

To the OP, get there early for rope drop. It hovered around 120 mins at opening for a few hours. The opening wait times were often less than the posted ones

Chef Mickey

Original Poster
Update: I have been checking since I posted this thread. It's good and bad news for people hoping to get one for a trip in the next few weeks. I sit at a computer all day, so checking is super easy. Plus, checking on the app is very easy too.

To put how difficult FOP is to get (at least now), we are going Jun 8-18 which gives us 10 days to get a FastPass window. I checked for a FastPass every day we are there at least 40 times/day for the last week. That's like 2800 (40 checks/day * 10 day trip * 7 days of checking) unique times for 7 days that I checked and I was only able to get 2 open times for FOP. I didn't care day, time, anything. If it was there, I would have taken it.

I've gotten really good at checking for them quickly. None of my plans were off limits. If I found FOP, that was the new plan. If you're just casually looking, you'd never think you could get in because it's always unavailable.

I was also able to get Na'vi twice, with still a lot of checking, but not as rare. I actually turned down a few times I saw for Na'Vi due to scheduling conflicts. Since checking for FastPass allows you to check both, I guess you could say I tried equally.

Note, you don't have to check more times during a date you're trying because even if you say "morning" or a specific time, it will suggest other times IF available.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom