Give Me Your Best Disney Memes

Sweet Melissa

And the point would be????? :)
There are a lot of scenes from the '60s and '70s Disney animated features with drawings that seemed to be almost cannibalized art from earlier films. For instance:

graphicdesignplagiarism12.jpg

Goofyernmost

Needs text to make it a proper "meme" (because hipsters do not get subtle hints). Something like:

Largest pool of animation talent on the planet...

...resorts to tracing over old films to rush new ones out to an unsuspecting public.
Then there are people like me, that for some strange reason do not go through miles of filmed animation to compare each scene from years ago. Like me they might also not begin to find it necessary to capture every frame of an animated product to memory and be able to say...Hey... didn't I just see that in 1955? Or, and this is probably the most important...what possible difference does it make if they use the same pose that was used 50 years ago. Does it change the quality of the story or artwork or in anyway alter the enjoyment of the feature? I'm thinking no! But for those that find it important enough to feel the need to get superior over those that don't find it to be an affront to the unsuspecting public...well, I hope it didn't ruin the experience for you.

In this case the "unsuspecting public" equals those of us that now know...still don't care public!

Cmdr_Crimson

Then there are people like me, that for some strange reason do not go through miles of filmed animation to compare each scene from years ago. Like me they might also not begin to find it necessary to capture every frame of an animated product to memory and be able to say...Hey... didn't I just see that in 1955? Or, and this is probably the most important...what possible difference does it make if they use the same pose that was used 50 years ago. Does it change the quality of the story or artwork or in anyway alter the enjoyment of the feature? I'm thinking no! But for those that find it important enough to feel the need to get superior over those that don't find it to be an affront to the unsuspecting public...well, I hope it didn't ruin the experience for you.

In this case the "unsuspecting public" equals those of us that now know...still don't care public!

It's just a way to cut corner's on budgets..IMO..

Marc Gil

^ I am really hating the Stupid tongue crap she does...Is she having a stroke?
Lmao! I know! When all these people were talking about her non-existing butt, I couldn't stop talking about her tongue sticking out (not to mention that she sounded horrible and that she couldn't dance to save her life....).
I honestly felt embarrassed for her!!

jkl2000

There are a lot of scenes from the '60s and '70s Disney animated features with drawings that seemed to be almost cannibalized art from earlier films. For instance:

graphicdesignplagiarism12.jpg

Those are really interesting! Copying art like that was common with a lot of the old paperback books, but I've never seen it displayed this way for Disney films.

jkl2000

BTW, the 2014 Unofficial Guide to WDW has a reference to Miley Cyrus as being the current Disney "teeny bopper" or something like that. Doh! - they just missed the chance to scratch that!

jkl2000

BTW, the 2014 Unofficial Guide to WDW has a reference to Miley Cyrus as being the current Disney "teeny bopper" or something like that. Doh! - they just missed the chance to scratch that!

Holy cow, I've never really seen her before - but those photos are disgusting. I'm not sure who she appeals to. Maybe male giraffes.

Sweet Melissa

Those are really interesting! Copying art like that was common with a lot of the old paperback books, but I've never seen it displayed this way for Disney films.

The video that @Cmdr_Crimson posted on this page is really fascinating too. It's one thing to see the stills, but to see the entire shots recreated is eye-opening.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom