Giant Tortoise at Animal Kingdom

ChuckElias

Original Poster
I just visited Animal Kingdom for the first time since January. One of the things that I always like to do is walk through the side paths on the way to Africa and see some of the animals that live there. And my favorite animal to visit in those paths is the Giant Tortoise (next to the porcupines).

Well, it's now gone. I spoke to a Cast Member who said that it had been moved to Oklahoma to be with a larger group of tortoises. There are a couple of smaller turtles, but it's not the same for me. I really liked that old guy. (Gal?)

If somebody already mentioned this, I apologize. But it really made me sad that I would never get to visit him again. Hope he's happy in Oklahoma.

Last edited:

Superpocky

OMG that's horrible! May I suggest picking out another animal to look forward to? How about otters. They are very cute. They were a huge hit my daughter during our last trip!

ChuckElias

Original Poster
OMG that's horrible! May I suggest picking out another animal to look forward to? How about otters. They are very cute. They were a huge hit my daughter during our last trip!
We do love the otters. When I was there last week, there were actually 5 of them in the habitat. Usually I only see two or three. So 5 was really fun.

Superpocky

We were there last week too! We were able to go into the park early morning thanks to the Tusker House reservation. The otters were so playful. Some where digger and some were climbing on top of each other. Very active!

Superpocky

Go in the morning if you can when the temp is cool. Animals are really active. The otters were playful when we were there a week ago and we even saw a lioness preying on a bird during the safari!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom