Game of Thrones: Season 7

21stamps

I need to plan the night accordingly so I can watch this the second it's posted. I'm so excited :D It's the beginning of the end in a sense, but I'm not going to really consider the show as 'the end'. That title is reserved for the date I finish the last book, whenever that happens.

I was sooo late to the GoT party. Never thought I would be interested.

But then, while my kid was on his annual vacay with his grandparents 2 years ago, I got sick, laying in bed bored, decided to watch the first episode.. no joke- Couldn't Go To Sleep.
Binge Watched all 5 seasons in the course of 2 weeks.. the bulk of it over a 10 day span, most of it in the first 72 hours while I was sick.lol.
Became totally obsessed.

Last year was the first year I watched it on Sunday nights.. was killer to have to wait a week between episodes!!

I want to read the books as well, but going to wait until they're completed.

Princess Leia

Original Poster

But then, while my kid was on his annual vacay with his grandparents 2 years ago, I got sick, laying in bed bored, decided to watch the first episode.. no joke- Couldn't Go To Sleep.
Binge Watched all 5 seasons in the course of 2 weeks.. the bulk of it over a 10 day span, most of it in the first 72 hours while I was sick.lol.
Became totally obsessed.

Last year was the first year I watched it on Sunday nights.. was killer to have to wait a week between episodes!!

I mean, you might be waiting 7 years if you choose to do that lol. Honestly, the anticipation for Book 6 is the closest feeling I've had to the HP phenomenon.

Princess Leia

Original Poster
I was rooting for Stannis the Mannis until they made him all awful. Sigh...

I guess I'll join Team Jon.
I'm still rooting for Stan the Man in the books. Though apparently Shireen isn't going to make it there either.

Stannis is a much different character in the novels, and I can't quite see him sacrificing his own kid. Heck I still couldn't see him doing that in the show, with him being a lot more parental in Season 5, so I'm still ticked at how all of that ended.

21stamps

I'm still rooting for Stan the Man in the books. Though apparently Shireen isn't going to make it there either.

Stannis is a much different character in the novels, and I can't quite see him sacrificing his own kid. Heck I still couldn't see him doing that in the show, with him being a lot more parental in Season 5, so I'm still ticked at how all of that ended.

I'm rooting for Jon. However, I don't think it will end that way.. I don't think they would give us a happy ending.

My feeling is that we will all be shocked.

Princess Leia

Original Poster
I'm rooting for Jon. However, I don't think it will end that way.. I don't think they would give us a happy ending.

My feeling is that we will all be shocked.
I think the whole world is rooting for Jon by now lol

If the last minute of the season isn't about the White Walkers invading the North, I'll be shocked. Something I think the show has handled pretty well is the threat beyond the Wall. We know what's coming (and it's been teased since the first season of the show), but then we all get caught up in all of the political intrigue. The Night's Watch is basically the only reminder that something very wicked is on its way to Westeros.

Season 8 is probably going to feel like a very different show.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward

Became totally obsessed.

You may never get to read the books lol

Princess Leia

Original Poster
The whole world is rooting for Jon which is why I think he will die towards the end of the series.
Personally, of the Stark kids (plus Jon) I don't think Arya's going to make it, at least not in the books. She'll go nobly, but I don't see her living at the end.

For Martin to kill Jon twice would feel cheap? Sure it could definitely happen, but I think it'd be some other character before Jon again.

I love Jaime, but he's on my Season 8 Dead pool

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
I think the whole world is rooting for Jon by now lol

If the last minute of the season isn't about the White Walkers invading the North, I'll be shocked. Something I think the show has handled pretty well is the threat beyond the Wall. We know what's coming (and it's been teased since the first season of the show), but then we all get caught up in all of the political intrigue. The Night's Watch is basically the only reminder that something very wicked is on its way to Westeros.

Season 8 is probably going to feel like a very different show.

According to the show runners all the footage we had seen is just from the first half of the season! They said things will move more quickly as characters merdge and everyone gets more screen time because they are not spread out as much.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Personally, of the Stark kids (plus Jon) I don't think Arya's going to make it, at least not in the books. She'll go nobly, but I don't see her living at the end.

For Martin to kill Jon twice would feel cheap? Sure it could definitely happen, but I think it'd be some other character before Jon again.

I love Jaime, but he's on my Season 8 Dead pool
I hope he takes his sister with him! I hope we see the 3 Lannister in the same room together one last time!

21stamps

Did anyone here watch True Blood?

The series finale was way too "happy" for me. It stuck out like a sore thumb from every other episode.. one of the worst series finales imo.

I don't think GoT will make that same mistake.
They'll want to make us all angry, not glad.lol

Princess Leia

Original Poster
Nobody asked, but here are my lists of what I think the show has done better and worse than the books.

Better:
  • Aging the kids. Nothing was more uncomfortable than reading about 13 year old Dany having sex with Khal Drogo.
  • Keeping things mostly simplified. There are so many POV Greyjoys in the books. Cutting half of them helped the show (plus I really don't care about Greyjoys not named Theon or Yara.
  • Killing off characters (who are still alive in the books). While I'm not crazy about how she died (ugh Dorne), I'm pretty okay with Myrcella dying. She was badly scarred (from a separate incident) in the books, which is delaying Cersei's inevitable descent into madness.
  • Ramsay's wedding night. Luckily, it wasn't Sansa (it was her friend instead), but Theon was forced to take part in more than a 'just stand and watch' role, and I'm pretty sure Ramsay's dogs were there too.
Worse:
  • Dorne. They butchered the Martell story.
  • Sexposition in earlier season. That was... not great.
  • Jaime. He's not a kinslayer in the books (though that could change re Cersei), and he also isn't a rapist. Last we saw him in the books, he completely reviled Cersei, due to Tyrion mentioning who else she was sleeping with, which brings me to...
  • TYSHA. Out of all of them, this hurts the most. Tyrion told the story (or what he knew of it) in Season 1, but this should not have been omitted. Nope.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom