Galapagos Bay, a new land for DAK

Suspirian

Original Poster
I think a land themed to the Galapagos islands would be a perfect fit of Animal Kingdom. I've had this idea for a while, and I thought i would share it. The land would consist of 3 rides, 2 E-tickets and one small children's ride.

The first attraction would be a fast paced roller coaster themed to the various lave tubes of the Galapagos. This attraction would dip and dive in and out of lava tunnels offering a view of the inside of the tunnels as well as a view of the landscape above. The ride would end escaping from the tunnels due to incoming lava. The ride vehicles would appear as mine carts some what similar to the Indiana Jones attraction in Disneyland Paris.

5446101297_e226bc5fdf_b.jpg

20120702-Galapagos-Islands-Ecuador-Travel-B0037408.jpg

The next E- ticket attraction would be a boat ride through a river ending in a large drop down a waterfall. Guest would encounter many species of animals (AA of course) and various plants.

waterfall2.jpg

Lastly an attraction similar to Aquatopia in Disney Sea would be laced here as well. There would be surrounding rock formations with AA fur seals resting on them. Instead of a plain shallow floor like the one in Tokyo, this version would use lighting/projection technology that would make it appear that sea life like hammerhead sharks, seals, and marine iguanas are swimming right by you.

Marine-Iguana-Galapagos-Island.jpg

Over all the land would also have a trail to accompany the ones in Africa and Asia and small exhibits along the way. Thoughts?

P.S I may draw concept art for this, but I'm lazy lol. If i finally do it and it's too late, I'll make another thread including it and describing the land in full detail.

jakmckratos

Sounds sick. I always thought that South America was under-represented in WDW. You could have a ride mascot be a wacky tropical bird and in every scene he evolves somehow. Of course that'd be a sure-fired way to upset some of the more ignorant folk of the country what with the evolution and whatnot.

Suspirian

Original Poster
Don't think it would cause too much trouble. Ive always thought SA was under-represented as well. There's so many things that Disney could include in a South American land.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom