Future of Magic Kingdom Nighttime Entertainment

What should Magic Kingdom do for nighttime entertainment in the future? Pick your top three!

• Total voters

imagineer97

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
What do you want to see on a nightly basis at Magic Kingdom? With the rise of DLP's drone shows and demands for a nighttime parade, there are many options. But which do you want more? Pick three of the options in the poll and explain your answer/prediction below!

Worldlover71

There's great potential for drones to add to the fireworks spectaculars like lasers and projections do. On their own, they are fun but less exciting, just like the projections-only shows. There is something about the ephemeral and slightly unpredictable nature of fireworks that makes them magical.

JIMINYCR

For me the drones are meh compared to great fireworks. Our area just had its very first drone/ fireworks combo show and I walked away unimpressed. Sure they are unique and do bring some nice images in the sky, but they dont ooh and aah. Dont bank on drones doing it for guests. Have them play a minor role and dont spend the time on doing much in the show.

NelleBelle

I picked fireworks with drones (don’t get rid of the firework). I also think MK desperately needs a nighttime parade—either new or bringing back spectromagic, msep, or paint the night. i long for the days of nightly parades AND fireworks!

tom32819

Until people are not satisfied with just fireworks & projections there will NOT be another nighttime parade. They have learned they can be cheap & keep people in the park late. Why do you think they wait until 8 or 9 to do fireworks this time of year when it's dark enough by 7 for them. It's to keep people in the park later & they know park empties out after show. The whole reason for MSEP being created was to keep guests in the park later, now they have a cheaper alternative & won't change until we give them a reason to. 🥴🥴🥴🥴🥴🥴🥴

Cmdr_Crimson

The have touted that Wishes was the biggest fireworks show in WDW history. Unsure how accurate said factoid is...But,, How does this compare to unHappily Ever After? If they had updated with new animation of Jimminy Cricket and projection of the characters during their segments it would've looked great!

jloucks

I don't know exactly why, but I really don't like drone shows.

It is extra weird when you consider I own and like my drone.

Now parades on the other hand. Love those.

jloucks

Until people are not satisfied with just fireworks & projections there will NOT be another nighttime parade. They have learned they can be cheap & keep people in the park late. Why do you think they wait until 8 or 9 to do fireworks this time of year when it's dark enough by 7 for them. It's to keep people in the park later & they know park empties out after show. The whole reason for MSEP being created was to keep guests in the park later, now they have a cheaper alternative & won't change until we give them a reason to. 🥴🥴🥴🥴🥴🥴🥴
This theory sounds plausible.

Are they having any trouble at all keeping people in the parks? Our last trip they had one (just one) late night at the MK and there were a good number of people until the end. Granted, after 10pm, it wasn't crowded, but still not empty.

DisneyFanatic12

I don't know exactly why, but I really don't like drone shows.

It is extra weird when you consider I own and like my drone.

Now parades on the other hand. Love those.
I would not enjoy a drone show either. In my experience, drones have always been used to replace more expensive effects to create something similar more cheaply. A drone/fountain combo at Animal Kingdom would work, and it would only add to what was once there, but replacing some of the fireworks with drone effects would just remove so much from the show. To me, it’s like replacing the dream lights with projections. The projections might have been cool if that was all we ever knew, but they’re clearly the cheap alternative to the dream lights and feel that way when you see them.

doctornick

I really want to see a new light parade, but if building new I’d much rather base it on MSEP (or a new idea) than anything resembling Spectro

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom