Funny Disney News Story - Mishap at Disney Resort

GrumpyFan

I'm no expert on legalities, but I'd say physically assaulting management & staff completely removes the refund possibility from this equation.
Sure, I would agree, but giving them their money back is just a means to try and appease them and make them go away. Not that I think Disney owes them anything, but it's just a way of saying "you and your money aren't welcome here, please take it and don't come back".

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
You know in thinking more about this. Disney should have replaced the Hello Kitty toothbrush with a Mickey Mouse one. I think that's fair compensation. Problem solved...and it would have been funny to boot.. (although I don't think the couple would have been amused...he looks like he hasn't laughed in years)

djkidkaz

I didn't understand why the manager wouldn't just replace the toothbrush or offer some sort of compensation? Unless the Guest was demanding something crazy as compensation they should have just tried to replace the item.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
I didn't understand why the manager wouldn't just replace the toothbrush or offer some sort of compensation? Unless the Guest was demanding something crazy as compensation they should have just tried to replace the item.

I have a feeling that the request for compensation far outweighed the cost of a Hello Kitty toothbrush

HKTB.jpg

Last edited:

djkidkaz

Really? Really?

Really?

What? Anyone who works in a managerial customer service role knows just give the person what they want and shut them up. To play devils advocate on this story what if Disney DID damage the guys item? Regardless of if its a stupid hello kitty toothbrush or a camera or whatever Disney should replace it. The story insinuates that the guy got a room full of luggage, presumably his own also and found his item damaged and wanted compensation which he was denied.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
What? Anyone who works in a managerial customer service role knows just give the person what they want and shut them up. To play devils advocate on this story what if Disney DID damage the guys item? Regardless of if its a stupid hello kitty toothbrush or a camera or whatever Disney should replace it. The story insinuates that the guy got a room full of luggage, presumably his own also and found his item damaged and wanted compensation which he was denied.

I'm not going to assume how their initial conversation went. But seeing how it escalated quickly to assault....

Tony the Tigger

Um, no. You don't hold another family's luggage hostage. You don't hit employees. "just give it to them" ends at that point.

Throw them the hell out and let them sue for their toothbrush.

mouse_luv

First of all, the luggage wasn't theirs. It was another families (14 pieces total). Secondly, you don't just give someone what they want to shut them up if you are in a managerial CS role. If it's reasonable then maybe but in this case, you have got to be kidding me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom