Funniest Disney Rumors You've Heard

Mr Toad

I agree. The Star Wars universe is pretty vast and has, like you stated, 40 years of a fan base already. Potter? It's really up to JK Rowling. If she truly holds her ground and Harry and the Hogwarts gang are 'done', then so is that universe. It's sort of like LOTR and Tolkien. That could have been an amazing and even more immersive environment than HP....right up there with Star Wars had the professor's literary executors allowed for sequels, spin-offs, etc. Imagine what could have been built and experienced for theme parks!
But, back to Potterdom. I can't argue that what exists is wonderful and it will always have fans. It will undoubtedly also get a good deal of new ones, but without new stories and especially movies there's only so much you can do. My gut feeling is that since 'money talks', eventually she'll write new books and there will be new stories, characters etc. to use.
Still wishing for a Middle Earth though...
The big difference is if you wanted to write a novel about Star Wars, you're good to go. Disney and Lucas may have guidlines and such, but you can get it done. It is very difficult to get anything approved by Tolkien's family. I know someone that wanted to use some of Tolkien's works for a book of quotes. He was denied. Tolkien sold the movie rights for LOTR and The Hobbit. His family owns the rights to the rest of his work. They are very protective of his works. That's why we will never see material from Silmarillion ever made into film. And based of The Hobbit movies, it will be even more difficult.

AndyS2992

Again, I have to disagree. Here is a picture from the video:
View attachment 86189

Please tell me that this looks like skylights, because I don't see it.
That's actually a close up of the roof, looking down in to a skylight to the city below.
Epcot.png

AndyS2992

Ok, those are skylights, but the picture I posted above clearly shows a DOME.
Again, it is a close up. The silver around it is the roof.

The camera is moving in that shot to show you it is a close up hence why the buildings beneath the dome are 'moving'.

Watch carefully again.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Again, it is a close up. The silver around it is the roof.

The camera is moving in that shot to show you it is a close up hence why the buildings beneath the dome are 'moving'.

Watch carefully again.
Fine, you win. I've looked at it frame by frame, provided a picture that looks awfully like a dome, but obviously, my mind is playing tricks on me, and I'm seeing a dome in the picture where you are not. :grumpy:

AndyS2992

Fine, you win. I've looked at it frame by frame, provided a picture that looks awfully like a dome, but obviously, my mind is playing tricks on me, and I'm seeing a dome in the picture where you are not. :grumpy:

Shot 1. Here we are looking at a cross section of the city with half of the roof removed to show the buildings inside the complex.
image.png

Shot 2. The roof is placed on the building to show the complete building. The entire roof is covered in little dome skylights to let in natural light to the complex.
Epcot.png

Shot 3. We are shown a close up of one of the domed skylights on the roof of the building showing what the city looks like below the roof of the complex.
image.png

C'mon man, that image above is a skylight, not a huge dome covering a city.

I can't explain it any clearer.

Last edited:

Launchpad McQuack

Disney Villains/Dark Kingdoms is definitely my favorite rumor.

The possibilities are just so awesome. We could get a Maleficent "dragon" coaster, a "darker" version of Pirates that taps into the supernatural elements of the movies, an "A Nightmare Before Christmas" land, etc.

216bruce

Wasn't she working on that spin-off set in 30s New York? I don't care about Potter, but monster-hunting in a Noir-inspired Big Apple sounds like pure win and would kick butt in a theme park.
You'd probably know more about that than I would. I'm a Potter movie fan, but only read the first book. Wasn't my cup-o-tea for books. It does sound intriguing visually for a movie though. Tremendous dark-ride/4 d sorta thing. I just see MIB the ride redone. And that's not a bad thing if taken up a notch.

216bruce

The big difference is if you wanted to write a novel about Star Wars, you're good to go. Disney and Lucas may have guidlines and such, but you can get it done. It is very difficult to get anything approved by Tolkien's family. I know someone that wanted to use some of Tolkien's works for a book of quotes. He was denied. Tolkien sold the movie rights for LOTR and The Hobbit. His family owns the rights to the rest of his work. They are very protective of his works. That's why we will never see material from Silmarillion ever made into film. And based of The Hobbit movies, it will be even more difficult.
I'm very aware of Christopher Tolkien and the rest of the professors heirs/executors, but you never know. Eventually someone who didn't know JRR could be persuaded. I'm just going to hold out hope that it COULD happen.

slappy magoo

You know, it's always possible that, even if Rowling never wanted another word in print about the world of Harry Potter, and no movies or other media ever created...she could still be down with more attractions at IoA based on the existing content.

DisneyFanaticUK

I remember my dad telling me about a new rumoured WDW park when I was a kid, he said that it would be an adult only park- looking back I think he confused it with Pleasure Island.

DWLove

While walking in tomorrowland yesterday I heard some guy tell his friends that if Tinkerbell gets stuck during Wishes, she has to stay there until the park closes. So if fireworks are at 9pm and park closes at 1am she has to stay there for 4 hours. While I do not know what happens if she gets stuck, this sounds like a pretty good rumour to me

Launchpad McQuack

When we were little kids, our dad told us that if you don't duck your head during certain parts of Space Mountain, there are some steel bars/beams that can cut your head off, and it has happened before. This wasn't an actual rumor, just a way for a young dad to mess with his kids.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
My funniest rumor is that the yeti actually moved once;) I think it was called "A Mode" or something?

180º

On the Keys to the Kingdom tour, I had a knowledgeable, engaging, and enthusiastic guide. However, he proudly noted that Marc Davis designed chess pieces onto the Haunted Mansion façade, and that he must have loved chess, because there's also a chess gag in POTC. Wrong on two counts:
• Jason Surrell debunked the chess piece rumor in The Haunted Mansion: From the Magic Kingdom to the Movies
• Claude Coates designed the WDW Haunted Mansion façade, not Marc Davis.

And of course, the funniest rumor of them all:
That Horizons was situated above a sinkhole.
Ha ha ha ha ha. :cry:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom