Fun & Food Center & Gasparilla Grill & Games

WDW FAN 4 LIFE

Original Poster
I remember a few years ago when the Magic Kingdom would close the Grill at the Fun & Food Center (at the Contemporary) would stay open an extra hour. For example if the park closed at 11:00 PM, the grill would stay open until 12:00 AM. One night when I was at the Grand Floridian I decided to eat at Gasparilla Grill & Games. I asked the Cast Member who took my order what time does their grill close, well she told me it stays open 24 hours a day. A big reason for that is because they get guests comming back after 2:00 AM from Pleasure Island. Well I was wondering why doesn't the grill at the Fun & Food Center stay open 24 hours or close later then 10:00 PM. There are always people down there eating & when the grill is closed the cold sandwiches & salads get picked up very fast by guests who are unable to order a Cheese Burger, Hot Dog or Chicken Fingers & the cold food which can be purchased 24 hours day, is not replaced until the next day so once it's gone it's gone. Anyway can someone try to answer this for me please?

righttrack

I always saw keeping these places open late and a huge money-making opportunity for them. There are a lot people coming back from the parks starved, or thirsty, in search of something quick before retiring. I would guess that these places could/should stay open 2hrs after MK closing and would benefit.

WDW FAN 4 LIFE

Original Poster
Those places do stay open 24 hours but there are some differences. The Fun & Food Center Grill closes at 10:00 PM & after that all you can purchase is cold food & drinks. Gasparilla Grill & Games also stays open 24 hours & so does thier grill so at 3:00 AM you can purchase a Cheese Burger with Fries so that's the one major difference between them.

Next visit to Walt Disney World: August 8 - 19 at Disney's Contemporary Resort.

ToTBellHop

That's a difference between the Contemporary and the Grand Floridian...and it's reflected in the difference b/t their rates.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom