Fun Facts About 9th Annual Epcot International Food and Wine Festival

DonickCo

Original Poster
More than 300 national and international wines
More than 76 kinds of international foods, each appetizer-sized portion priced $1-$4.50
More than 200 of America's most celebrated chefs and Walt Disney World chefs
1,200 wine and beer seminars featuring more than 80 topics
Over 1,200 fireworks rockets exploding each night over World Showcase Lagoon in "IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth" grand finale to the festival
90 Eat to the Beat! concerts performed
33,000 bottles of wine and champagne
1,200,000 hors d'oeuvre plates
750,000 beer cups
690,000 sumptuous samplings including paella, rack of lamb and tandoori chicken
600,000 forks
337,500 wine glasses
100,000 miniature desserts including flan with Sangria glaze, baklava, flourless chocolate cake with Ganache and whiskey custard with oatmeal crunch
32,000 quesadillas
28,500 pieces of sushi
17,000 shrimp on the barby
16,500 escargot
13,000 Spanikopita
10,500 servings of honey glazed salmon
9,750 servings of lamb chops

Atta83

OK now i just want to go more now to this....:(.. do i dare take a unannounced trip.... :zipit: :lookaroun :drevil:

General Grizz

How... fun. :D

Anyone know what's at the Rose Garden? I still think Kitchen Karnivale was one of the best all time F/W annual decisions of Disney. :)

bhg469

those numbers sound like alot but then you look at the size of the servings :lol: . i enjoy the food an wine festival but it was really expensive if you want to actually get full. i wish they offered the food in bigger sizes instead of just a sample size.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Does anyone know if Becks Oktoberfest is back on tap in Germany? Its a seasonal / special beer... and I hope they have it avail. during food & wine.

God I love that beer. I could sit there and drink it all day... and I just might :lookaroun :slurp:

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
................ AND 1 MILLION HANGOVERS!!!!!

wow, that sounds fun. i think i may have to attend in the future. until i saw details, ive always thought it would probably be boring. i know iknow, the book/ cover analogy.

NeedABreak

Never been to this event but it will be ending in the middle of our trip this November. Hope it is worth the price, i usualy have to have a seperate food budget when i take these trips so that I can get plane tickets and still stuff my face, gonna need a bigger one this time around.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom