Frozen Never After

sm57co

Original Poster
I logged on at 8 a.m. on the first possible day to book FP for my Oct trip. Frozen Ever After was already unavailable. The only attraction in WDW that I couldn't book. That's crazy. Does anyone have a sense of if it's possible to get on that (standby) without a three hour wait? Have those wait times decreased since opening day? The day we're at Epcot, it does have EMH until 11:00. Any chance that line is manageable at 10? or 10:30? when the little ones are sleeping or should I just quietly sing "Let it Go" in my room at Pop Century late at night and just pretend I'm on it?

The Tuna

Isn't it booked solid something like 65 days out? you will have to try for your last couple of days if you are going for a week. ridiculous really but that is how it seems to be going with new attractions. Wouldnt it be great if they just gave you fastpasses to every ride at some point during your vacation if you stay for 7 days or more?

JIMINYCR

Get to the park first thing, get moving at rope drop and you can beat the longer wait. Even at rope drop, youre fighting a massive crowd trying to do the same thing, but youll get a shorter line than waiting further in the day. Its been my experience that crowds at the evening EMH's do lighten up as the evenings wear on. Lots of guests dont stay til the last hours, so if your kids can last, you might get on with less of a wait. And keep trying the FP... people do cancel things or plans change... you might still get lucky.

sm57co

Original Poster
Isn't it booked solid something like 65 days out? you will have to try for your last couple of days if you are going for a week. ridiculous really but that is how it seems to be going with new attractions. Wouldnt it be great if they just gave you fastpasses to every ride at some point during your vacation if you stay for 7 days or more?
That would be great! We are only there four days, Epcot being one. We chose Soarin' for one FP and couldn't get Test Track due to the tier system. I just think it's funny how I thought I was a FP master at this point but not logging on last night vs. this morning was the difference. It's like trying to get One Direction tickets. ... I mean, you know, for my daughter ... not me.

sm57co

Original Poster
Get to the park first thing, get moving at rope drop and you can beat the longer wait. Even at rope drop, youre fighting a massive crowd trying to do the same thing, but youll get a shorter line than waiting further in the day. Its been my experience that crowds at the evening EMH's do lighten up as the evenings wear on. Lots of guests dont stay til the last hours, so if your kids can last, you might get on with less of a wait. And keep trying the FP... people do cancel things or plans change... you might still get lucky.
Thats a great idea, Jiminy - about checking for cancelations. Yea, I think at this point I'll shoot for trying to get on during EMH towards the end. Not sure how late they let you get in line for an 11:00 close at Epcot - assuming that's even open during EMH! My kids are 13 and 15 so we love the late night hours!

POLY LOVER

I tried that move, brisk walk to the ride with the other thousand folks. It was like the california land rush without weapons. I got there 2 hour wait and the ride was temporarily closed at opening. I went home.

sm57co

Original Poster
I tried that move, brisk walk to the ride with the other thousand folks. It was like the california land rush without weapons. I got there 2 hour wait and the ride was temporarily closed at opening. I went home.
Hahha! Yea, the rope drop can get a little intense! Everyone "fast walking". I hate that kind of stress. Very glad people aren't armed. If I can't get on, i'll just toss ice cubes at my daughter back in the hotel and sing Frozen songs.

JIMINYCR

As much as Disney tries to manage the rush they can only do so much. Too bad they couldnt give out numbered line slots as you enter into the park. I said to DW once... its like a Disney mini marathon... people are trying to get to the attraction, beating their times and get their medals.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
As much as Disney tries to manage the rush they can only do so much. Too bad they couldnt give out numbered line slots as you enter into the park. I said to DW once... its like a Disney mini marathon... people are trying to get to the attraction, beating their times and get their medals.

I remember in the early 90's we were at rope drop at Disney-MGM Studios and as the rope dropped, everyone walked really fast (ran) to get in line for GMR...lol

sm57co

Original Poster
I remember in the early 90's we were at rope drop at Disney-MGM Studios and as the rope dropped, everyone walked really fast (ran) to get in line for GMR...lol
I know! It's all relative. I'm sure in 10 years, we'll be thinking, "We waited two hours to see Olaf?" Ha... it's part of the deal though! If it's new, I wanna see it!

maroonmol

On Monday we went to Epcot and usually we're a "get up at 11:00 and get to the parks whenever" family but we knew that for Frozen we had to get there early - the same FastPass+ situation happened to us! So we woke up extra early and got the first bus to Epcot, for rope drop. Pretty much everyone there was for Frozen. We ran as fast as we could to get to the ride and eventually got on with a 10 minute wait. Long story short, I suggest you do that. :)

POLY LOVER

I think get there for the rope drop. As soon as they release the hounds toss a hand full of dollars bills in the air as folks scramble to pick them up do your best Jessie Owens to frozen.

mergatroid

Tried everyday for the last 2 weeks and no joy for FP's with our AP 30 day advance. Got another week to try but I'm not holding out any hope of getting any for our 3 week stay.

Our plan is to arrive about 45 mins before park opening and start queuing hoping to be near the front when Epcot opens. The main problem is I have dystonia which effects my walking, I would need to stop several times on the way and can't walk that fast anyway. I'm thinking of sending Mrs Mergatroid ahead to save a place in the ride queue till I catch up, the problem being if she's entered the ride building by the time I catch up I can't join her. Even if she's queuing outside when I get there I'm thinking CM's might stop me joining her thinking I'm queue jumping even if she's already explained to those next to her what's going on and why we're doing it? If she stays with me at my speed instead of going ahead then by the time we're there I imagine it will be some ridiculous wait and not worth it.

Here's hoping anyway.

epcotisbest

Tried everyday for the last 2 weeks and no joy for FP's with our AP 30 day advance. Got another week to try but I'm not holding out any hope of getting any for our 3 week stay.

Our plan is to arrive about 45 mins before park opening and start queuing hoping to be near the front when Epcot opens. The main problem is I have dystonia which effects my walking, I would need to stop several times on the way and can't walk that fast anyway. I'm thinking of sending Mrs Mergatroid ahead to save a place in the ride queue till I catch up, the problem being if she's entered the ride building by the time I catch up I can't join her. Even if she's queuing outside when I get there I'm thinking CM's might stop me joining her thinking I'm queue jumping even if she's already explained to those next to her what's going on and why we're doing it? If she stays with me at my speed instead of going ahead then by the time we're there I imagine it will be some ridiculous wait and not worth it.

Here's hoping anyway.
Hey Merg, when do you arrive?

mergatroid

Hey Merg, when do you arrive?

Hi my friend, plane lands late on 15th September and straight to bed. Thursday 16th got a Brighthouse engineer coming round to fix the internet speed so if he shows (between 10am - 12noon) we'll probably just do a big shop for food that day. Friday 17th got our first FP's booked and the fun starts with a Crystal Palace 8am buffet breakfast in the MK :cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom