• Thread starter Deleted member 107043
  • Start date

Travel Junkie

Starting June 17th Frozen goes 4 times daily according to the calendar:

CknTY97UgAAfh9s.jpg:large

Old Mouseketeer

Starting June 17th Frozen goes 4 times daily according to the calendar:

CknTY97UgAAfh9s.jpg:large

I got to talk to some of my rebel spies connected with the show in the past few days. They are hoping to go up to five shows, but they are not sure the cast can do it. I was astounded by how hard the cast and crew are working. Kristof plays three other characters before becoming Kristof. There are three tech positions managing moving elements, including turntable, lifts, moving video wall, and moving set pieces. Costumers have 15 positions, running almost 24 hours a day, including laundry. The costume changes are brutal. It takes three costumers to load Elsa into her transformation dress. Changing the cast into their coronation outfits and the trolls are lightning fast.

Based on what I've been hearing over the past few months, this may be the most technically complicated Disney Parks stage show ever. One account claims that they have cut as much as a half hour of content since they started rehearsals. They are now starting to add more cast members. There are overnight rehearsals in the theater for the second cast (I have also heard it referred to as the second and third casts--my Bothan Spies are good, but they're not perfect) and they are starting to add additional cast.

No Bothan Spies were killed, injured, or even dissed in bringing us these secret plans.

Andrew_Ryan

I got to talk to some of my rebel spies connected with the show in the past few days. They are hoping to go up to five shows, but they are not sure the cast can do it. I was astounded by how hard the cast and crew are working. Kristof plays three other characters before becoming Kristof. There are three tech positions managing moving elements, including turntable, lifts, moving video wall, and moving set pieces. Costumers have 15 positions, running almost 24 hours a day, including laundry. The costume changes are brutal. It takes three costumers to load Elsa into her transformation dress. Changing the cast into their coronation outfits and the trolls are lightning fast.

Based on what I've been hearing over the past few months, this may be the most technically complicated Disney Parks stage show ever. One account claims that they have cut as much as a half hour of content since they started rehearsals. They are now starting to add more cast members. There are overnight rehearsals in the theater for the second cast (I have also heard it referred to as the second and third casts--my Bothan Spies are good, but they're not perfect) and they are starting to add additional cast.

No Bothan Spies were killed, injured, or even dissed in bringing us these secret plans.

Bless them for their hard work! Hopefully in the coming year the show will settle into a less stressful, more streamlined production and allow for more shows.

Old Mouseketeer

A new Elsa debuted yesterday :) Stephanie Walls, an Alice from Mad T Party.

One hears that another Kristof is coming in. Caleb will be the second Flynn from Magical Map in the show. I was told by a CM to promote his fiancee Jaclyn (a Rapunzel at Map) for Anna in Frozen.

HIRE JACLYN AS ANNA IN FROZEN!

(My Bothan spies are very bossy--I was told to do this OR ELSE!)

Stevek

Anyone know roughly what time they run out of FP? We won't get to the parks until 10:30 or so tomorrow...not sure if we should even bother trying.

5thGenTexan

Yeah, I'm not sure I want to bother either. Too many other things that are more important to me to be honest. Buy wifey may want to see it...so I got that going for me.

I have a 7 year old girl. I think my wife wanted to see it. I have seen the movie, that was good enough for me. We had a 12:30 showing and the Fastpass said to show up between 11:30 and 12:10. So we showed up at 11:30 and went through the Mezzanine gate. It was then that I discovered we would get to stand shoulder to shoulder on concrete in the sun for an hour. I contemplated bailing a few times.

Emmanuel

So I went today to see how things would go with 4 Frozen shows scheduled. I got there a bit after 9:30 and this is usually when they're about to go to the third show (which before, the 3rd show was the last show of the day). Sure enough, they were distributing for the 3rd show which was at 4pm and got the Orchestra section so I basically got there when they turned over to the 3rd show. With Soarin also reopening today, it was safe to assume it concluded distribution by noon if not earlier or later. When I returned to DCA between 2 and 3 the Fastpass distribution was already done.

morningstar

I think their main point is that you'd never see a performer with a different ethnicity to the character in any other place at a Disney park.. Cinderella is always white in the parade, castle show, meet and greets etc.

Saying that I personally have a problem with it within a Broadway style show but I can see why people say it is challenging character integrity, it's still in a theme park which presents itself as having the real characters after all.

Given that being an inch too tall or too short can disqualify you from playing a character at Disney parks, allowing a different race seems very exceptional.

Phroobar

I got in to see the 4pm show of Frozen. The fast passes where long gone so my sister played dumb and the cast member gave her two tickets. The show felt a little uneven during the first act. They were having technical problems and stopped the show for ten minutes right during the build a snowman. The show really didn't have a lot of energy until the wolves chase and Olaf showed up. The trolls where weird but fun. The actress playing Anna was the better singer. Elsa mike seemed to fail. I think the show will get better as the cast gets use to it. Most of the problems where tech problems and the cast did a great job cooping.

Old Mouseketeer

Given that being an inch too tall or too short can disqualify you from playing a character at Disney parks, allowing a different race seems very exceptional.

Not so much really. Being too tall or too short can be a real safety hazard on those costumes. I've known people in the character division since I was in college. Blind casting is new to the Disney Parks, but I saw my first college production (with a black General Ulysses S. Grant) 25 years ago.

When I first saw the footage I was surprised that they didn't do previews before the official opening. The actress they got for Anna had a very different voice from Kristen Bell's. She didn't have to sound exactly like her, but I was hoping that she would have at least kept the spirit of it.

Old Mouseketeer

When I first saw the footage I was surprised that they didn't do previews before the official opening. The actress they got for Anna had a very different voice from Kristen Bell's. She didn't have to sound exactly like her, but I was hoping that she would have at least kept the spirit of it.

They didn't even do cast previews--they were that drastically down to the wire. The press preview was literally the first time they got through the show without any stops.

Phroobar

Last night we were lucky enough to have a stranger give us tickets to the 4pm balcony level show. Since we were in a wheel chair, they put us in orchestra level. We sat three row center. It's a totally different show from seeing it on the balcony. The show was a lot smoother than it was the last time I saw it. Both Anna and Elsa were very good singers. I never noticed before that the Queen also played the troll in the Fixer Upper song. The King also played the part of a towns person. Little Anna & Elsa were also towns people. The only part that kind of sucked was the staircase was over our heads and Elsa had a tough time transforming her dress. It was cool to see the actors so up close and you can hear what Hans and Anna talk about to themselves. Good show!

Last edited:

Old Mouseketeer

More auditions have been posted for Frozen which is scheduled for this month.

They're also training more backstage staff. This is typical for a show this size. Remember, Disney likes to have personnel trained on multiple venues so they can move them around at will. All cogs in the machine are replaceable. A trumpet player at Magical Map could be pulled to DL Band. Queenie at French Market could be pulled to Tiana at Map. A character host could be pulled to Captain America or Boba Fett. The possibilities are endless, subject only to what approvals the performer has, whether AGVA, AFM, or non-union.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom