Frozen confirmed for Broadway - Spring 2018

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
I have tickets for August and I hope it gets better. I am sure I will like it but based on the initial reviews I won't love it. Oh well it's only money and not too much more than a one day ticket to WDW.
I doubt they will make any changes since the show is selling well.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
We saw the show on Saturday and it was really good. I think some of the reviews are picking on Frozen just because it's Frozen. The show is a lot of fun and heartfelt (just like the movie). There are changes of course but they all make sense to the musical. The review complaining about uncreative staging obviously missed the scene where Anna gets turned into ice, that was visually stunning and very creative. People complaining about the audience applauding everytime a new character first enter the show obviously missed that the exact same thing is happening at other Broadway Shows. We also saw Hello Dolly and each main character got applause during their first entrance. Applauding in the middle of musical numbers also happened in both shows. Is Frozen broadway changing theater? No, but it doesn't have to be. And for my money, I have never seen a more amazing costume transformation than during Let it Go. It is not the way they do it in the park shows where they pull a string and twirl around the dress changes. Which is how they have done costume transformations for years on Broadway. It is an amazing moment and deserves the applause it gets.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom