"Frozen" Anna and Elsa meet and greets going away?

jw24

I got from KennythePirate, the main source of info for character news, at least for me, and it reads:

"Well, I’ve had a lot of people asking if they are going to continue the meet and greet beyond the previously announced date of January 4, 2014. The answer is YES. The ladies will continue in exactly the same location in Norway until at least the end of January. Disney Synergy picked up the tab for the cost. I’ve heard that another Disney property will then assume the cost of the meet in the future, so it doesn’t count against the entertainment budget. They are looking at constructing another area and possibly even moving to a full-day schedule to accommodate more fans and sell more merch
icon_smile.gif
Rumors of the potential new location have been pointing toward the Magic Kingdom’s vacant side of Town Square Theater that the Princesses used to fill. If they were to stay in Norway, it would require refitting the theater with a meet and greet in the rear area. The small room they currently use just isn’t very viable for a meet and greet, especially a constant flow one. Disney looked at the Stave Church, before deciding on the current location and didn’t see that as a quality option."

Cmdr_Crimson

I Rumors of the potential new location have been pointing toward the Magic Kingdom’s vacant side of Town Square Theater that the Princesses used to fill. If they were to stay in Norway, it would require refitting the theater with a meet and greet in the rear area. The small room they currently use just isn’t very viable for a meet and greet, especially a constant flow one. Disney looked at the Stave Church, before deciding on the current location and didn’t see that as a quality option."

Aawww Yeah...Somebody Get me a Phone...Because..
Colbert_3741.jpg

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...et-and-greets-going-away.878307/#post-5855965

Marijil

I came out of an Akershus bfast at 1030 expecting to catch them since they were to start at 11, I was told that I could line up for the one o clock line...wow

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
So if WDW had to pay for Anna and Elsa would they go away. I see that other Disney groups are paying for them. Anyone know how popular they are at DLR?

Vipor51

My family is visiting from Jan 25th to Feb 1st has anyone heard whether or not Anna and Elsa will still be greeting at that point? Of so I would assume they would still be located at the Norway Pavilion?

Thanks

mimitchi33

I never knew about this meet and greet before (probably because I rarely come on here, mainly on New Year's), but it sounds like that it's popular and may continue because of that. The long waits to meet them remind me of the long waits to meet Duffy at Tokyo Disneyland.

FerretAfros

If their popularity continues (I see no reason why it wouldn't), I wonder if they would consider moving them to the other side of the pavilion, where the Viking ship play area used to be. They would still be 'in Norway', but would be separated from the main traffic flow and could give their current space back to the merchandise team.

There would probably need to be some construction to make it work (like Snow White's well or the gazebo in France) since the area is currently covered in overgrown landscaping, but it seems like there's plenty of space for it

Matt_Black

If one or both of them get inducted into the Disney Princess line-up (which seems likely), then the meets will continue, as all of the Princesses meet in WDW in some fashion. Granted, some aren't as well-represented (Mulan and Pocahontas), but all of them can be met if you want to.

75disney

I came out of an Akershus bfast at 1030 expecting to catch them since they were to start at 11, I was told that I could line up for the one o clock line...wow
We ate at Akershus on Dec. 1 for breakfast. As we were going in at 9:45, I saw a mom and child lined up outside the M&G and I commented to my DH how early that seemed. We were seated near a window looking out at the M&G line. At 10:30, I said to my DH that I better leave to go get us a place in line. He thought it was unnecessary. I still went out and was told that we missed the 11:00 M&G and needed to get in line immediately in order to get in to the 12:00 M&G. We decided not to wait 2 hours to see them. My kids were upset, but they had fun doing many other things in those 2 hours. As a Disney vet, I should have known that the line would be like that. Disney should make them a FP+ option.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom