FROR Timeline??

BigTxEars

Our last one was sent to Disney on March 27th by our broker, and Disney decided to buy it on April 25th. So just at 30 days. The first one took about the same amount of time but Disney did onto buy it.

michael.fumc

Original Poster
I know there is a method, I wish I knew it. It really isn't that long, but the waiting to hear something just drives me crazy

BigTxEars

I know there is a method, I wish I knew it. It really isn't that long, but the waiting to hear something just drives me crazy

I know squat for sure but it seems to me they have a changing set of criterial for what they buy. So I would guess when they review you offer makes a ton of difference. They very well might buy back your contract in the morning but not in the afternoon of the same day depending on what contract they review that day. If they say want OKW points and buy enough int he morning the OKW contracts in the afternoon might pass thru not being purchased.

Luck of the draw in other words.

I spoke to our broker after we lost the most recent one and she did say smaller contracts were getting harder to find and buy.

We might just add on points thru Disney to our contract, most expensive I know but a sure thing at least.

michael.fumc

Original Poster
It does seem very random, I would love to talk to someone who is involved with the decision making process. There seems to be an inconsistency with what passes and what doesn't, but there has to be a reason right?

dreamfinder

It does seem very random, I would love to talk to someone who is involved with the decision making process. There seems to be an inconsistency with what passes and what doesn't, but there has to be a reason right?

Depends on their perceived need and cost that was offered. On one hand, they will use ROFR simply to keep the resale prices from falling completely off a cliff. This is partially why prices seem to have mostly stabilized over the last 3-5 years with most on property resorts bottoming out at $80ish. But at the same point, if someone has reached out to DVC looking to buy points at a certain resort for a certain use year, then DVC is much more likely to exercise ROFR. They buy em for $80, sell them to the guest at $130. They would much rather have someone buy direct. One of the other boards used to have a thread where members would voluntarily list resale contracts they bought, asking price, offered price, ROFR, etc. You could see cycles where DVC would buy up contracts of a given size, or at a certain resort, and then die back down again.

BigTxEars

Congrats.

We are starting the process again this week for 110 more points at SSR. We fell victim to the ROFR last time so maybe we can sneak by this time :)

Edgmiller

Ok these posts are scaring me. I just made an offer for 100 points at Bay Lake Towers. I am so scared Disney is going to refuse my contract. It sounds like it happens very often?

dreamfinder

Ok these posts are scaring me. I just made an offer for 100 points at Bay Lake Towers. I am so scared Disney is going to refuse my contract. It sounds like it happens very often?

Doesn't happen all that often. It will usually happen for 2 reasons. One, the price of the sale is too low and DVD thinks it will affect the worth of DVC points. Two, DVD has someone who is looking to buy that number of points at that resort, and DVD doesn't currently have them in inventory. A good timeshare reseller agent will usually advise against the buyer accepting an offer that DVD will typically exercise ROFR on. And most people don't know that DVD will still sell them points directly at properties that are "sold out".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom