Frontierland Up Next?

SeaCastle

Original Poster
Al Lutz had an interesting article this week considering the future of Disneyland. Link

It appears that the next two expansions at the Disneyland resort, following Disney Constructionwall Adventure's bailout, are going to be located on the northern edge of Frontierland, as well as a New Tomorrowland with a Tron people-mover type of ride. Just lately, it looks like the Frontierland expansion seems to be the front-runner, with TDA wanting a water family thrill ride, and WDI wanting a sort of stage-coach ride. Construction is not imminent, but it is reported that a feasibility report for the re-location of the Disneyland ranch has been commissioned.

Personally, I'm wondering why they would choose a Frontierland expansion over a Tomorrrowland makeover, but to be honest I'm ecstatic that planning for Disneyland's future is ramping up. The parks there only seem to be getting better these days, and the resort seems like it will be a very exciting place to visit by the end of the decade.

Thoughts?

Nicole220

I don't like the idea of relocating Circle D off site. The less time and distance the animals have to spend in a trailer, the better. I'd love to see a new ride in Frontierland, I just wish it didn't have to include Circle D's current home. Can't they just take over the festival area instead?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
After looking at aerial views, it seems they could move the ranch to where the flat parking lot is for TDA, They already have a parking garage, they don't need a flat lot also. (If they can't fit everyone in the deck, then it's time to cut some fat!)

I'm sure there's plenty of storage space for feed etc. inside the TDA offices.

TDA could also walk the horses at lunch time, brush them down, clean their hooves, etc. and save a LOT of money!

DTM93

I don't understand the constant promotion of TRON, it's enough in ElecTRONica and now also in the World of Color, I think they should just leave it there instead of constantly promoting it.
I also thought when I was there that the Disneyland Park would be the next focal point of expansion, especially walking through Tomorrowland. Disneyland Resort is my favourite one of them all but I think that they need to do something to the PeopleMover so that it doesn't look as empty.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom