From your experience...how often to plan potty breaks in Disney

ClaireN1

Original Poster
Taking newly potty trained son in July. He doesn't really have accidents but can wait until the last minute and get distracted. What are your procedures for potty breaks and how do you decide when to take them? Also, any "wish I'd known before" advice would be appreciated as well.

mickeymatt

As I nurse if we had to put someone on a toileting schedule because of incontinence you would make them go every two hours. When my daughter was newly potty trained we kind of carried that over with her and never really had any problems. i would just make a conscious decision to stop at least every two ours and "explore" all the different themed bathrooms!

Nemo14

Before every ride,.... oh wait, that's for me.:eek:

I'd make him try every hour or so, especially in the summer when he'll need to be drinking more anyway.

bmarkelon

I have done the newly potty trained trip twice now. Every 2 hours is good, I push it closer, every hour when they haven't had to go for a few hours. The other thing that I find most effective was saying that mommy needed a potty break and bring them in to go. Asking them if they had to go would almost always be a no answer, too distracted by all of the fun! Watch out for the automatic flushers, cover the sensor with your hand while they are going. I loved my little fold up potty seat for these trips. Good luck!

Bri1121

I brought a bunch of flush-able toilet seat covers. And I would say every hour to 2. Taking into account if they actually went the last time and how much they are drinking. Always use the bathroom at restaurants and never take no for an answer. Bribing just to try is not above me.

I agree asking almost guarantees you a no! I say bathroom stop and we all go!

Bring hand sanitizer!!

buseegal

how long does he stay dry during the day? i would not ask about using potty just make potty stops every hour or 2. get him used to using the big potty but remember handicapped potties are usually higher than normal toilet, esp if goes like a big boy. post it notes to cover autoflush, just remember to remove when finished. restrooms in table serves may be small only 1 or 2 toilets which can get crowded at busy times, i would take to one in park just before meals. the fold up seats are nice but you have to carry with you. if stroller is in parking area, you might have to back track to get it. just something to think about if fold up seat is in your plans.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom