From the tarmac to the road......

draybook

Original Poster
If you're travelling with a group, you can always divide and conquer. Have one person go to baggage claim and wait for the bags while the other goes to the rental counter.

Check to see if your rental company has self-serve kiosks. I've cruised past a line of 7 or 8 people waiting for an agent at the counter, walked over to the kiosks off to the side that were being ignored by everyone. I was in and out and heading to the garage in about 3 minutes. While the same two groups were still being helped at the counter. (This was either Alamo or National)

-Rob

Yeah, I might try that. How far is baggage claim from the rental areas?

Rob562

Yeah, I might try that. How far is baggage claim from the rental areas?

They're one floor below the baggage claim level. (Baggage claim is Level 2, Rental Cars are Level 1)
Though depending on the rental company and airline, they may be on opposite ends of that level. (Though I seem to recall the rental counters are fairly central)

-Rob

EOD K9

@draybook I've done the membership enrollment with several companies and entered my CC and DL info ahead of time. Depending on the company, you may be able to use a kiosk, or still go to the counter but there is less time spent at the counter. The missus and I have done the divide and conquer thing, I've gotten the paperwork and met her back upstairs before the bags came off the belt. From there, just go and pick the car from your class as others have stated. This doesn't pertain to MCO or this conversation, but I have rented from the major companies at smaller airports and they had the car in the class I wanted, but already assigned. Rentals at MCO are great though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom