from MK to whispering canyon cafe How to I get there?

parker kim

Hi I will be going from the MK to wilderness lodge for dinner at whispering canyon cafe How do I get there by boat? How long dose it take to get there. When you get off the boat or farrie were will I go then? How much time should I allow total for the trip? Hope someone can Help thank you.

Cynderella

You can take the boat directly from MK to WL. The ride isnt too long, maybe 20-25 mins? But there may also be additional stops. Just ask the captain. Once you get off the boat you just follow the dock up to the hotel and its in the main lobby on the right hand side. You can't miss and you will certainly hear it! Have fun!

Upvote 0

Cinderella1976

Yes, you will take the boat from the MK. The actual boat ride would probably take about 10-15 min. if I remember correctly. The boat will drop you off at the Wilderness Lodge's boat dock and you just follow the path to the entrance of the Lodge. The Whispering Canyon is located in the lobby. This is one of our favorite places to eat, it is a must do on our trips! You will have fun. After dinner, go back to the boat dock and take the boat back to the MK and from there (assuming you are staying on-site) you would take a bus or monorail back to your resort. I would try to leave the MK about 45 min. to an hour before your reservation time because you might have to wait a bit for the boat to arrive. They also like you to arrive early for your reservation anyway. Oh, don't forget to ask for the ketsup!:wave:

Upvote 0

smk

The ferry boats to the resorts might be called resort launches. You can get to them by exiting the MK and walking straight ahead, towards the water, to the boat launch area. Just ask any CM and they will point you to the right one. Sometimes the FW launch makes a stop first at WL, other times the WL has it's own boat. Have fun!

Upvote 0

tigsmom

You could also take the monorail to the Contemporary and then the launch over to the WL, but that is taking the long way; would be a nice thing to do on the return trip though. :wave:

Upvote 0

pacochran

We did it two years ago, and we did the launches, and it was great, we weren't sure of the time so allowed extra, actually ended up being a little too much time, though we got a chance to explore the lobby and gift shop. If I remember correctly I think WL is the first stop after MK, but doesn't hurt to check. I also remember the path from the launch to the hotel was a little long and winding, at first we weren't to sure we were going in the right direction, but we found our way. We had a great time at Whispering Canyons.

Upvote 0

bgraham34

One of my favorite things while staying at the WL is riding the boats to the MK. If I did not have my boat ride it would not matter where i stayed.

Upvote 0

GrumpyRob

If you have a few minutes after you eat and wish to do some leisurely walking ...

- You may want to take the elevator up to the 3rd (or 4th?) floor and check out the balcony that over looks the pool and Bay Lake. You can also see some of the other details of the carvings in the lobby from a few floors up.
- Over in the DVC building there is a room that has a small collection of items and pictures from Walt's model trains that he had at his home. Interesting, but not a "have to see", but if you are that close and have the time, why not check it out?

Upvote 0

3fordisney

A week ago today, we had lunch at Whispering Canyon. It was great!! We surprised my MIL for her birthday and had a great time. There is a boat from MK to WL. I would highly recommend doing that. We were at Epcot and took the bus to the resort. It took a while for one to arrive and after our meal, it took a while for a bus to show up. There wasn't many people waiting for a bus either. We just took the first one that showed up so we could head back to a park to catch another ride to our hotel. We were very surprised at how slow the bus service was at WL. If we had known it was so slow, we would have driven our car there.

I would highly suggest leaving MK 1 hr prior to your scheduled time at Whispering Canyon. We were so glad we did. We arrived about 20 mins before our time, but there is plenty to do there. The hotel is so neat and be sure to look for the hidden Mickey in the lobby. Be ready for a great meal and a great time!!

Upvote 0

PintoColvig

As others have indicated, always allow plenty of time to get from MK to WL and vice versa. Depending on the time of the year, WL and Ft. Wilderness share launches which takes additional time. While you are there, don't miss Ol' Faithful!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom