French Quarter renovation

SallyShine

I recently saw some photos of newly renovated rooms at Riverside. They looked great! It got me thinking how neglected the rooms at French Quarter seem. The condition of the beds is especially bad. Does anyone know if this resort is scheduled for a renovation?

captainkidd

I always am curious about FQ refurbs. Would like to stay there one day, but the rooms, to me, are awful looking. Not the condition, but just the decor.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The last refurb of POFQ was complete in April of 2011. All of the double beds were replaced with queen beds during this refurb.

Upvote 0

SallyShine

Original Poster
That's good news! The beds had seen better days. Is that all they did or was it a total refurb? It really is a great resort because of it's size. The grounds are also very pretty.

Upvote 0

SallyShine

Original Poster
Wow! The Riverside rooms are way nicer! The theming is really great. I'll still stay at FQ for the size of the resort and the better bus situation. I'll be happy with the new beds.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Still ugly.:animwink:

In all seriousness, they look better than before. I think the AB rooms, with the exception of the new bed, took a step backwards. I liked the quilting and beds before better. The Mansion rooms got the best improvement. Those look very nice.
Not my cup of tea either but decor alone would not stop me from staying there.

Upvote 0

crispy

We stayed in a newly refurbished POR room in the Mansion section back in October, and the room was really nice. The bedding was nice and thick and had a luxurious feel to it. It was probably the nicest hotel room I've stayed in at Disney

Upvote 0

Magical.Animal

I stayed in the newly renovated rooms at FQ this past Halloween and the entire room was redone (Stayed there July and Nov of 2010 in the "old" rooms). The new bathrooms are fabulous! The sink area used to have 2 pedestal sinks and they put in a nice large double vanity, so there is SO much more counter/storage space compared to the pre-reno rooms. This is the first and only moderate I've stayed in, and honestly, now that the rooms are redone, I have absolutely no desire to even look at staying at another resort... the size, location and charm of this one are all I need :)

Upvote 0

tink65

We stayed in one of the newly renovated rooms in Magnolia Terrace at POR in late Sept. The rooms are so nice! Couldn't have been happier with them. We also had some friends staying at POFQ & one night we walked over so we could all hang out at the pool. While we were there we checked out their room and while the renovations are quite lovely, we thought the POR rooms were much prettier! Can't wait to go back!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom