Free water parks pass for closed pool

andysol

Original Poster
I'm staying at the Bay Lake in September and the last 2-3 days of my trip they are refurbishing the contemporary pool. While I doubt they'd do it for us Bay Lake folks- would the contemporary people get passes for typhoon or blizzard during those couple days? And if that's the case- do they have to use them on those days, or can they use then anytime during their stay?

I'm definitely going to ask and see what I can swing once I check in :D

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I'm staying at the Bay Lake in September and the last 2-3 days of my trip they are refurbishing the contemporary pool. While I doubt they'd do it for us Bay Lake folks- would the contemporary people get passes for typhoon or blizzard during those couple days? And if that's the case- do they have to use them on those days, or can they use then anytime during their stay?

I'm definitely going to ask and see what I can swing once I check in :D
The free water park pass for Poly guests when the main pool was closed for refurbishment was unusual (probably because so much of the resort was a big construction mess, not just the pool), and I doubt will be offered for Contemporary guests. During the same period as the Poly pool closure, the WL main pool was closed for several months (beginning last September), and guests were allowed to use the pools at the Contemporary and Ft. Wilderness, in addition to the quiet pool at the WL Villas. There will most likely be a reciprocal agreement when the Contemp pool closes, since boat transportation is provided between those resorts. And Contemp also has the quiet pool near the lake and BLT pool available to use.

You can certainly ask, but if the free water park pass is offered, it will be BIG news and posted before you go. The Poly guests were able to use their pass only once during their stay.

princessmommy

When wilderness lodge pool was refurbished they were allowed use of the contemporary pool. I would imagine a similar trade off while the contemporary pool is refurbished.

Polydweller

The free water park pass for Poly guests when the main pool was closed for refurbishment was unusual (probably because so much of the resort was a big construction mess, not just the pool), and I doubt will be offered for Contemporary guests. During the same period as the Poly pool closure, the WL main pool was closed for several months (beginning last September), and guests were allowed to use the pools at the Contemporary and Ft. Wilderness, in addition to the quiet pool at the WL Villas. There will most likely be a reciprocal agreement when the Contemp pool closes, since boat transportation is provided between those resorts. And Contemp also has the quiet pool near the lake and BLT pool available to use.

You can certainly ask, but if the free water park pass is offered, it will be BIG news and posted before you go. The Poly guests were able to use their pass only once during their stay.
Just a modification to the last paragraph. During our stay in October our pass was good for as many times as we wanted during our stay at the Poly. We were in CL as we always are and didn't think to ask if it was because of being CL guests.

But you are right that this was an unusual situation and won't likely be available elsewhere. The extent of construction was certainly a factor but also the GF pool was considered unavailable for sharing because of the extra use due to the addition of the GF DVC. Previous to the opening of the GF villas the Poly guests had always been able to use the GF pools when the Poly's was under refurb.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom