Free things at WDW

I_heart_Tigger

Original Poster
I am helping plan a trip for a low-income family that won a Florida vacation but it does not include Disney World.

They were hoping to do some Disney things for their two girls (aged 7) but they really don't have much left in their budget after we plan for their meals each day.

I just wanted to make sure that the Chip & Dale Campfire sing-a-long is still running and still free. I also suggested a monorail or boat ride to them and a visit to Animal Kingdom Lodge to see the animals out back.

If anyone knows when the campfire ends please let me know - I'm trying to see if they would have time to see the MK fireworks from one of the resort hotels as well.

If you have any other suggestions please let me know. They will be staying nearby and they will have a rental car so they can get around to different places. They only have 2 days of planned activities for their prize winnings and will have 3 extra days in the area.

I_heart_Tigger

Original Poster
Gah...I almost forgot about the Electrical Water Pageant which is crazy because I love it. I'll definitely mention that and the other suggestions.

Anyone know what time the campfire would end - would they be able to do that and the water pageant in the same night?

jaques21

I would definitely recommend the boardwalk, caught a really good magic show there, and all the above comments that were mentioned. You could also let them know to do the tour of the resorts along the monorail.

Goofyernmost

You can ride the monorail, but you do have to pay for parking which can be a chunk of change.

$14.00...not a huge chunk. Depends on how they are getting around on the trip. If they have a car doing this provides access to a lot of fun things. Looking through the resorts, riding the monorails and ferries and the buses. In fact, they can do everything except actually go into the theme parks for that $14.00. DTD, is actually free parking and access (more complicated then theme park attendance) is available from there as well.

DizneyPryncess

Hidden Mickey Hunt!

We once resort hopped w/the Hidden Mickey book just to search for them. We got to see lots of new resorts we'd never seen before, and the hunt was tons of fun. It was one of my favorite Disney World days, and aside from the price of gas & lunch, it was free!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom