Free theme park parking question

Den Carter

Hi guys, sorry if this is an easy question that I should be able to find the answer to quickly, but I've searched and I can't!

I'm currently on my vacation at Animal Kingdom Lodge. We got 8 days here, with DDP, but our park tickets are 14 days and we'll be visiting from offsite during our final days of vacation.

As my resort reservation and dining plan expires on Oct 4 I was surprised to see my rapid refill mug is still valid until Oct 10 (when our park tickets expire).

So, my question is, when will my free park parking expire? Can I park for free next week, basically?

Thanks!

Den Carter

Original Poster
The OP is from the UK. They have different package/ticket combos than we do.

OP, you will be entitled to free parking at the parks up til park closing on your checkout day. After that, you'll have to pay the going rate.

Thanks for clarifying that, Minnie Mum. I thought that was the case, but was surprised to see the expiry date on our refillable mugs as the end date for our park tickets, rather than the AKL check out date I was expecting. It was more wishful thinking than anything else to hope that we'd get the same for our parking. Definitely worth asking, though! Thanks

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Thanks for clarifying that, Minnie Mum. I thought that was the case, but was surprised to see the expiry date on our refillable mugs as the end date for our park tickets, rather than the AKL check out date I was expecting. It was more wishful thinking than anything else to hope that we'd get the same for our parking. Definitely worth asking, though! Thanks
When refillable mugs are activated, they expire two weeks from day of activation. Should an on-property stay extend past two weeks, the mug can be reactivated since it is valid for "length of stay."

Upvote 0

Rob562

The OP is from the UK. They have different package/ticket combos than we do.

OP, you will be entitled to free parking at the parks up til park closing on your checkout day. After that, you'll have to pay the going rate.

There's also nothing linking a park ticket to the number of days on your hotel reservation. If you book a package reservation, you can buy a 3-day ticket on a 7-night package, or a 7-day ticket on a 3-night package. The ticket is good for 14 days from its first use (as long as unused days remain), whether you're still in a Disney hotel or not.

-Rob

Upvote 0

minniemickeyfan

Hi guys, sorry if this is an easy question that I should be able to find the answer to quickly, but I've searched and I can't!

I'm currently on my vacation at Animal Kingdom Lodge. We got 8 days here, with DDP, but our park tickets are 14 days and we'll be visiting from offsite during our final days of vacation.

As my resort reservation and dining plan expires on Oct 4 I was surprised to see my rapid refill mug is still valid until Oct 10 (when our park tickets expire).

So, my question is, when will my free park parking expire? Can I park for free next week, basically?

Thanks!
All ticket options are good 14 days from first use regardless of package/room nights/
Parking expires on end of resort check out day.

Upvote 0

rob0519

I've not driven into any of the park lots recently. Do they now scan your Magic Band on the way in as proof of a valid ticket or do the resorts still give you a printed parking pass for the resort to show at the park lots? I know I can use the Magic Band to get into the CR and GF resorts.

Upvote 0

donsullivan

Premium Member
You might want to 'do the math' to see the cost delta of substituting one of those passes to an Annual Pass. The proper pass would provide free parking for those other days. I,don't know the relative prices betweeen the 2 but given how expensive parking is, it might be worth looking at. You would only need one AP to cover parking.

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I've not driven into any of the park lots recently. Do they now scan your Magic Band on the way in as proof of a valid ticket or do the resorts still give you a printed parking pass for the resort to show at the park lots? I know I can use the Magic Band to get into the CR and GF resorts.
MagicBands are scanned. Takes so much longer than being waved through with a parking pass!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom