Free Refills In Disney Restaurants with the dining plan?

rcpocetti

Original Poster
I plan on going on a disney trip this june and was wondering if anyone had any idea about what type of drinks come with free refills at the disney restaurants for example is it just soft drinks or do some other drinks come with free refills?

bee

Most (all?) offer free refills on drip coffee. Anything special (espresso beverages, alcohol, non-alcoholic "cocktails," etc.) will not have free refills.

bee

I think they're just refillable at your home resort - not the other restaurants
OP, are you talking about buying a refillable resort mug or ordering a drink in a restaurant? You can refill the resort mugs at any QS restaurant at any resort hotel. If you are ordering a drink at TS restaurant that is a different thing. You cannot refill your mug at QS in the parks or anywhere but resort hotels.

CAPTAIN HOOK

OP, are you talking about buying a refillable resort mug or ordering a drink in a restaurant? You can refill the resort mugs at any QS restaurant at any resort hotel. If you are ordering a drink at TS restaurant that is a different thing. You cannot refill your mug at QS in the parks or anywhere but resort hotels.
To clarify - Refillable Mugs can be refilled at ANY Disney Resort QS restaurant but not at the parks and restaurants ?

bee

To clarify - Refillable Mugs can be refilled at ANY Disney Resort but not at the parks and restaurants ?
Right. The chip inside recognizes any beverage station within the resort QS restaurants. On our last trip we visited every single resort to refill our mugs and they worked at each one. I'm assuming you *could* refill your mug at somewhere like Sunshine Seasons in Epcot as they have normal drink buttons and no chip sensors but I wouldn't risk being caught by a CM.

AnCsMommy

Most of the quick service restaurants we've been to didn't have refills have all. Be Our Guest was the exception. But once you leave you can't really come back and fill it up throughout the day either.

dreamfinder

OP - Typically it is just fountain drinks and drip coffee that offer free refills at TS locations. So if you bought a Coke or a Sprite, you should get refills. As long as it is fountain iced tea (Peak brand) then it should be free refills, but if any location has fresh brew they may charge. Basically the same things one can refill their mug with at a resort CS location. Dining plan is irrelevant, if you paid for the drink via cash or DDP, you are entitled to refills. Some locations do have exceptions to this, most buffets include any non-alcoholic beverage, so you may get fruit juice or milk, and even some locations like Hoop Dee Doo Review includes some adult beverages like Bud draft and house wines.

anchorman314

I seem to recall getting free refills on brewed iced tea from at least Tony's and the Floridian Café. Though YMMV. I believe the 'official' line on the menus does specify fountain drinks and hot coffee.

yedliW

Most of the quick service restaurants we've been to didn't have refills have all. Be Our Guest was the exception. But once you leave you can't really come back and fill it up throughout the day either.

There are a few around.. Backlot Express at DHS had a soda fountain near the condiment bar last time we were there..

Roakor

FYI For those who may not know, many restaurants outside of the US do not give free refills on beverages. So for the OP, all TS restaurants will give you free refills on fountain beverages, after you purchase the first drink. The resort mugs are refillable for the length of your stay free of charge at any QS restaurant at the resorts only, not the parks.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Full Service (Table Service) restaurants all offer free refills on fountain sodas.

For Quick Service at the parks, if the restaurant has a beverage (fountain) bar, drink refills are free there as well.

Those restaurants are:

MK
Tortuga Tavern
Be Our Guest (they don't have a bar, but offer free refills)

Epcot
Sunshine Seasons
Electric Umbrella

HS
Backlot Express

AK
Restaurantosaurus

jaklgreen

FYI For those who may not know, many restaurants outside of the US do not give free refills on beverages. So for the OP, all TS restaurants will give you free refills on fountain beverages, after you purchase the first drink. The resort mugs are refillable for the length of your stay free of charge at any QS restaurant at the resorts only, not the parks.

Most places do not even give you free water at a restaurant either. Americans are spoiled.

dreamfinder

Most places do not even give you free water at a restaurant either. Americans are spoiled.

I'd counter that Americans have it rough. Europeans can buy GOOD beer for their dinner for the same price (at least in my observations) as a soda or a mineralwater. Good luck getting anything other than PBR for the same price as a soda.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom