Free Dining Rumor

mary219

Yes it will! I got so mad that I could not get free dining that I caused thier systems to move the dates on the deal so I could get it! HA! HA! HAAAAA!
Just kidding of course! :D

Hey, what's up with Ranch Dressing and all the incorrect info, dates, etc! Are you really hearing that stuff or just posting to cause disruption? What gives? :shrug:

ranch dressing is scary.I am wondering if its not sabotage of some sort?Who is it really?c'mon free dining is already out,so whats up?

Dagger

Please tell me how you did this! I am a Disney Visa holder and I called at least four times on Monday to see if there was any chance they would extend it. I was shot down every time (I figured that's what would happen, but it was worth a shot, right?):) It's my wedding day on the 22nd, so we can't make it down there until the 23rd at the very earliest. I spoke with a cast member about every single different scenario that I could try to get down there (I was even considering heading out to the airport and flying down there as soon as the reception was over, even though my soon to be husband thought I was nuts!) but it would be more expensive to change plane tickets now. If this is true, please, please tell me how you did this!

Thank you!:wave:

when i read your story, i was thinking... where are you staying? i ask because if it's a value resort, it'd be worth it to add a day to the front of your trip and just not check in til the 2nd day? i dunno... there has to be a way

jtced

Just called Disney...........all the reservations they made this morning have been lost due to computer malfunction. Im kidding!!! Im still on hold for my third call...........next im calling Universal Studios!!!!

Just got off the phone with Disney. Booked 9/9-9/15. Really wanted AS Movies, but was told booked, so got Sports. She said to call back up to 6/24 and was pretty sure I wouldn't have a problem changing it. Shes said that a lot of guests make the reservations but don't keep them.

YEAH!!!!:D :D

Matpez

BRER DAD, if nothing else, you could keep your 40% discount and get the Disney Dining Experience card, which will save you 20% at practically every sit down meal, including drinks.

wannabeBelle

BRER DAD, if nothing else, you could keep your 40% discount and get the Disney Dining Experience card, which will save you 20% at practically every sit down meal, including drinks.

The DDE Card is pretty awesome but is only available to Florida residents or Annual Passholders! Belle

disneydudette

I'm not sure what Ranch is thinking off.. the dates are confirmed... you have to check in on September 22nd as AJ confirmed.

AJ... your situation got me thinking. Make a reservation starting on September 22nd. This will ensure you receive "free dinning" for your length of stay. Lets hypothetically say your plane never showed up on "the 22cd" though and your flight was cancelled until tomorrow... oh man what a bummer! Of course you really don't know since your partying it up with the in-laws woot! You call Disney in a panic... ensuring them that you are checking in first thing in the morning but you can't get in an earlier.

This does actually happen... and Disney does accomidate when needed! I'll probably get a major "flame" for that... but hey it's your honeymoon!

figment1985

Just got off the phone with Disney. Booked 9/9-9/15. Really wanted AS Movies, but was told booked, so got Sports. She said to call back up to 6/24 and was pretty sure I wouldn't have a problem changing it. Shes said that a lot of guests make the reservations but don't keep them.

Hey jtced! That's when I'll be there! If I see you we should high five to free dining! :sohappy:

Dagger

I'm not sure what Ranch is thinking off.. the dates are confirmed... you have to check in on September 22nd as AJ confirmed.

AJ... your situation got me thinking. Make a reservation starting on September 22nd. This will ensure you receive "free dinning" for your length of stay. Lets hypothetically say your plane never showed up on "the 22cd" though and your flight was cancelled until tomorrow... oh man what a bummer! Of course you really don't know since your partying it up with the in-laws woot! You call Disney in a panic... ensuring them that you are checking in first thing in the morning but you can't get in an earlier.

This does actually happen... and Disney does accomidate when needed! I'll probably get a major "flame" for that... but hey it's your honeymoon!

This is kinda what I was thinking and, honestly, you are paying for the room so who cares if it is vacant?

jessnic95

Thank You, Belle!!

Just wanted to give a HUGE "thank you" to Marie!! She is awesome! She compared my 40% off to the FREE DINING and I'm still getting a better deal with 40%!! She also has some wonderful advice to share regarding restaurants and events. I will definitely book with her if I have to change my dates or go again in the near future!!

BRER DAD - You really should call her!!

mary219

Thats what i think also.I plan on calling back(obviosly not today,i already did my time )to see if i can get back into pop.

Mickey&Minnie

I think it is weird thatso many are booking at sports. I am very glad that you guys got the free dining promo, we booked this morning. We were told that all values were booked except Music and that was at 7:20. Did they open up more rooms because they knew they were running out.?

mary219

I think it is weird thatso many are booking at sports. I am very glad that you guys got the free dining promo, we booked this morning. We were told that all values were booked except Music and that was at 7:20. Did they open up more rooms because they knew they were running out.?

I was told at about 7:15 that only sports or music was left.I changed from pop to music and then saw posts on the dis board that were posted around 8:00 am and they were staying at pop the same dates i wanted.i guess the volume of calls caused different types of problems.What i am wondering is what happened to the as movies?i dont recall it being mentioned anywhere.

They are still having problems with their reservation system, but I was only on hold for 20 minutes. I got a very nice CM, and she took all my information and verified that POR would be available for the dates I wanted. She is supposed to call me back when she has been able to make the reservation.....said it would probably be a couple of hours.

Of course I won't feel completely relieved until I have that precious confirmation number :lookaroun , but so far, so good!

Good luck to everyone else!:wave:

New2WDW

There does seem to be a lot of MIS-Information floating around! :lookaroun

And as far as Movies I went ahead and booked every room! :lol: Wouldn't that be weird...someone could cause a major glitch if they called in that many reservations and let them go untaken til the 14 days ran out. :veryconfu

parker kim

Hi I got the same from my AAA office they said when they talked to disney this moring around 10:30 the computers were down and they took th info and when they were running she would make my new plans and they would fax AAA when it was done. she even quoted the new price. This make me so crazy:dazzle: Has anyone talked to diseny after 11:00?

Christi22222

The conflicting info about "sold out" hotels was confusing me, too, until I stopped and thought about it. A CM isn't looking at the dates for the entire offer, they are looking at the dates the individual is requesting. So one person might be booking end of August and will be told (for example) that all values are sold out except POP. Another person will call to book early September and will get a different answer since the CM is looking at different dates. It is apples to oranges unless the dates are the same. Also, rooms will be opening up/unavailable every minutes as others change their reservations. One person might get lucky while another won't. Sounds like the situation will remain fluid for weeks, so I wouldn't give up!! Book your best choice now, but call back for your first choice in coming days.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom