Fractal & Son head West! A Disneyland PTR

A week from Tuesday I will heading to California with my son Sterg. Sterg's waterpolo team qualified for the Junior Olympics national tournament in Palo Alto. Conveniently, I have clients that will be near Los Angeles around the same time. These clients are more like good friends than clients. They retired and move out West a few years ago and I haven't met with them in person since. I've also heard rumors that the original Disneyland is in California. How fortuitous! When you add it all together you get;

a business meeting
dinner with old friends you haven't seen in awhile
a chance to visit DL for the first time and check out the improved DCA
visit the San Fran area for the first time and watch some good waterpolo

Certainly beats a stick in the eye!

For those that don't know; a little introduction. First some background. Sterg will be 16 soon and is truly blossoming into a pain in the ask teenager. For more detail - see my last TR. I love him to death but he knows how to push my buttons.

Here we are from a trip this year to the Florida Keys...

floridakeys630.jpg

See what I mean?

Here's a much better picture. Must have caught him by surprise.

floridakeys452.jpg

Next up...our plan of attack in California.

fractal

Original Poster
first leg of our journey is over. flying to san fran tonight. Some quick thoughts-

at first Disneyland was surreal. like walking into your house but its not really your house. it looks like your house and feels like your house but things seem amiss. It took us some time to get over that before we could appreciate DL for what it was.

DCA was amazing- maybe the best Disney park? A lot to love - including a close encounter w Kevin Costner! Cars Land is simply stunning when you first see it, but its not perfect as I'll explain in my PTR. Soaring with the clean screen and the the smells and sounds brought tears to my eyes. I complained about the Epcot version in my last TR but was happy to see the original still doing it right!

Californian Elitist

first leg of our journey is over. flying to san fran tonight. Some quick thoughts-

at first Disneyland was surreal. like walking into your house but its not really your house. it looks like your house and feels like your house but things seem amiss. It took us some time to get over that before we could appreciate DL for what it was.

DCA was amazing- maybe the best Disney park? A lot to love - including a close encounter w Kevin Costner! Cars Land is simply stunning when you first see it, but its not perfect as I'll explain in my PTR. Soaring with the clean screen and the the smells and sounds brought tears to my eyes. I complained about the Epcot version in my last TR but was happy to see the original still doing it right!

Can't wait to hear those thoughts! Woah, DCA being the best Disney park??? Better than Disneyland??? That's definitely a first! Now that I'm thinking about it, I really can't wait to hear the rest of your thoughts. Get to Frisco safely. And Kevin Costner is awesome.

Californian Elitist

We did Disneyworld last year, are headed again in Sept of this year, and are planning an "adults only" vacation next year with our best friends to Disneyworld next year as well, but I'm trying to convince my husband that we need to go to DisneyLAND at some point. He thinks it will be boring compared to WDW and that we were spoiled. I think it will be a ton of fun, just different fun!

How many days do you think are enough at WDL? I mean....there are never enough, buuuuut....lol Do you think 2 days with park hopper would be good??

The Disneyland Resort is definitely not boring. If you're not really into details and if you're cool with experiencing rides maybe one or two times, then yes, I'd say two days is enough. If you want to actually take time to actually look at and experience EVERYTHING, I'd add an extra two days. I suggest at least four days for you, since you've never been to Walt's park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom