FP's still available if you wait until day of??

Gravydeen

Original Poster
My 13 year old daughter will be at Disney this Thurs - Saturday on a school trip and will not be able to get her tickets until Thursday morning when she arrives in the first park. Will there be any fastpasses still available on the big attractions for that afternoon an/or the following 2 days with so many people getting them well in advance? Second question, do you get to pick a time of day that you are interested in getting the passes or do you get first available the way the old system was?

Figmentation

There are usually FP's available for those not staying at resorts, but they must wait in line to get them.

Some good advice is to have her bypass the FP+ lines at the front and head to the hidden kiosks inside of the park.

Some of the best places to get FP+ is inside of the Town Hall (There are usually cast members with IPads in there who can get FP+ for those who need them) or Storybook Circus has Kiosks just hiding back there that no one uses.

It'll help her pass the long lines for FP+ at the front of the park.

Gravydeen

Original Poster
I was actually going to have her use the MDE phone app once she gets into the park. If she has issues with it then I have told her to go to the Kiosks like you said. I was just not sure if rides like Soarin or the mountain rides in magic kingdom would be long gone by that time.

Figmentation

I was actually going to have her use the MDE phone app once she gets into the park. If she has issues with it then I have told her to go to the Kiosks like you said. I was just not sure if rides like Soarin or the mountain rides in magic kingdom would be long gone by that time.

I would assume it would be based on how busy the park is and so on.
From what I have gathered, info wise, they have split the FP+'s to have the eticket rides be available to both resort and non-resort guests. So there should be plenty available

You also have to take in consideration of the time of day. Soarin' and Toy Story will be out in minutes unless your there at open to get in line or use the app.

Splash Mountain and Thunder Mountain generally don't run out quickly, usually gone by mid-day, but Space Mountain tends to run out by early morning

PolynesianPrincess

My family went a couple weeks ago during spring break and had no problems getting their top choices (I believe they picked Buzz, Thunder Mtn and PPF) they said pretty much everything was open to pick from.

Gravydeen

Original Poster
Forgive me for sounding dumb because I am but you make it sound like non-resort guest are not able to get their fastpasses in advance. Am I right in thinking that anyone can get them in advance as long as they have their tickets already?

Figmentation

Forgive me for sounding dumb because I am but you make it sound like non-resort guest are not able to get their fastpasses in advance. Am I right in thinking that anyone can get them in advance as long as they have their tickets already?

I'm not 100% sure on this but I believe the advantage about staying at a Disney resort is the fact they can choose their fastpass+ in advance. As far as I know, if you are not staying on Disney Property you cannot get them in advance.

Gravydeen

Original Poster
I just looked at the FAQ section on this site and it says Disney resort guest can get them 60 days out plus 10 days and that non-resort guest can get them 30 days out.

Figmentation

I just looked at the FAQ section on this site and it says Disney resort guest can get them 60 days out plus 10 days and that non-resort guest can get them 30 days out.

Thats good then. So, yeah.. should be plenty of time to get space
I'm going in May and had to do some park switching per day around and still got times I wanted and I'm less than 30 days away

You should be good :)

NYwdwfan

When I was there in February the only ride unavailable "day of" was Toy Story. Twice, around 7PM, we considered changing our next days' plans to include DHS and when I checked for TSMM fastpasses they were no longer available.

Rob562

Correct.

I'd suggest having your daughter and her friends set up profiles on the MDE website (as long as they're 13 or older) and link to each other as Friends. Then once they get the tickets in-hand, they can scan them using the phone app (or mobile website) and link them to their profiles. From that point on they can then make FP+ reservations for that day and beyond.

Depending on the park and how late in the day it is, they may have problems with FP+ availability on a couple attractions that day, but for future days, even the evening before, they should have no problem.

And as long as people are linked as Friends, one person can make FP+ choices for their whole group so that they have the same times. When they select the three rides they want, they'll be given 3 or 4 various combinations of FP+ times. They can choose the one that fits their plans best, and even go in and edit them individually if they want.

-Rob

Gravydeen

Original Poster
Her plan, since her group of four may not all have smartphones, is to just use her phone and add all four of them on her app. It looks like she scans her ticket and then "adds a new guest and ticket" for each one and then the fastpasses will go to all four of them. Does that sound right?

Rob562

Her plan, since her group of four may not all have smartphones, is to just use her phone and add all four of them on her app. It looks like she scans her ticket and then "adds a new guest and ticket" for each one and then the fastpasses will go to all four of them. Does that sound right?

Pretty much. I'd suggest she just set up the additional profiles now to get it out of the way and speed up the process in the park. Then when they get the tickets, she can scan each ticket and then it'll ask which of the profiles to assign it to.

After the tickets are assigned, she can go into the FP+ section of the app and start making FP+ choices, making sure to check the box next to each person's name when doing it.

-Rob

Gravydeen

Original Poster
Can you setup the profiles on the app or just the online version? On the app where go to choose your party and add guest, you put in first and last name and it immediately wants you to scan your ticket for them. Or is there another place on the app where you setup profiles?

Rob562

Can you setup the profiles on the app or just the online version? On the app where go to choose your party and add guest, you put in first and last name and it immediately wants you to scan your ticket for them. Or is there another place on the app where you setup profiles?

In the "My Account" section of the main menu, choose "Family & Friends". From that screen you can set up profiles. (My guess is that you're going into the "Tickets and Passes" menu option)

When filling out the info for the new people, if you don't select the "Invite to Plan and Share" option (where you'd enter an email address and have the person create their own profile and login info), the profiles will remain as "managed by you".

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom